This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

172flogger

1/48 - Avia S-199 "Mezek / Mule" by Eduard

Interesting...Can we have a accurate Hispano HA-1109 & HA-1112 Buchon aswell please?

All the current Buchon's suffer from shape issue's around the nose,and the earlier 1109 has had very little love from anyone..

Can obviously understand Eduards interest in the S-199 being Czech....but it would be nice to have the Spanish connection covered by modern kits.

Oh, that is wonderful news!! Thanx Eduard! And a couple of decent spanish Messerschmitts would be really great too. And then, with Eduard's S-199 there will surely be an aftermarket conversion-set for a CS-199, the trainer-version of the S-199, not very far!

I had to look it up to refresh my memory, but I can see why they'd want to do it. Very cool :coolio:

I had to look it up to refresh my memory, but I can see why they'd want to do it. Very cool :coolio:

I thought you would like that.

The expected release date for the S-199 is 2019. A lot can happen in that time. At this point it is very easy to build one that is very nice with the Hobbycraft/Academy kit with the AML set added. The cost will be about the same and it can be built now. With the AML set, you can even convert a Hasegawa or UM kit. In 1/72, the KP kit is quite nice.

Edited by Otakar

I have looked a bit deeper into it and have decided that the available kit with the AML update set is the way for me. There is a lot of nice stuff in the AML set and the Hobbycraft kit can be had for next to nothing on eBay. Besides that I already have four of them. I however only have one of the AML updates so am ordering more.

7 hours ago, Mike Esposito said:

Any news on this? Would love to see an accurate S-199:fingerscrossed:

A few posts above the Eduard-people promised the S-199 for 2019/2020, so no reason to get nervous right now (unfortunately...).