1/48 - Avia S-199 "Mezek / Mule" by Eduard

172flogger

and we have Jan Polk's recent write up in Scale Aircraft Models to whet the appetite.

Dunno why, but I've always been attracted to this unwanted afterthought version!

Trevor

• Like 1

I just hope that the dimensional accuracy is better than all the previous 109s have been. All the 109s look like pregnant guppies. This is why I am building my S-199 out of a Zvezda kit. Zvezda and Tamiya jive. I might get one of these just to see it. This is one of my favorite aircraft but and because of that I am willing to do some extra work to make one that is more accurate. I plan n building most likely 6 or so S-199s but we will first have to see this one. Sad to say, that Eduard really didn't do a very good job with the 109 series. I would venture to say that most likely I will have at least two of mine finished before this kit hits the market. I already have 5 Zvezda 109G-6 kits ready for this project. One of which is well on its way in construction. Besides, I just HATE all the rivets. The S-199 had almost no visible rivets because the skins were all sealed just like they were on the 109. My first subject is this one.spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 1 year later...
On 4/4/2020 at 2:46 AM, Otakar said:

I would venture to say that most likely I will have at least two of mine finished before this kit hits the market.

Now is your status?

Hope the Eduard one is not too far out!

• 6 months later...

Source: https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=95280&start=33930#p2449724

(...) Pokud jde o nové projekty. máme v podstatě hotové S-199 ve třech verzích, momentálně nám lezou ze strojů formy a počítám, že od března nebo dubna budou hotové a odladěné. (...)

Googled

(...) As for new projects. we have basically finished the S-199 in three versions, we are currently getting molds from the machines and I expect that from March or April (2022) they will be finished and tuned. (...)

V.P.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Patrik said:

I  am sorry to say that, but the modelforum post was most likely referring to 1/72.

Nope. Both projects are already finished. The first one goes a model in 1/72, but only because Eduard hasn't had a release of its own in that scale for a long time.

The kit released in March is supposed to have three models inside:

• Avia S.199 "early"
  • Avia S.199 "late"
  • Avia CS.199 two-seater

Of course Czechoslovak and Israeli markings are planned.

The kit in 1/48 is supposed to have just two sets of sprues inside, no more details available.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Nope. Both projects are already finished. The first one goes a model in 1/72, but only because Eduard hasn't had a release of its own in that scale for a long time.

• Avia S.199 "early"
  • Avia S.199 "late"
  • Avia CS.199 two-seater

Of course Czechoslovak and Israeli markings are planned.

The kit in 1/48 is supposed to have just two sets of sprues inside, no more details available.

I was referring to the one particular post only. However, thanks a lot for correcting me, Piotr. And thanks a lot for following the hundreds of post in the Eduard section on modelforum.cz so minutely!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patrik said:

And thanks a lot for following the hundreds of post in the Eduard section on modelforum.cz so minutely!

Thanks. With all the secrecy around Eduard's projects I wanted to gather all the information, also for understanding the size of the whole project. Unfortunately, for 1/72 basically not much news, but fellow 1/48ers will have their wallets red-hot. I am a tad jealous ;)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

• Avia S.199 "early"
  • Avia S.199 "late"
  • Avia CS.199 two-seater

WOW!! 
And the trainer-version CS-199 inn1/48th scale would make my day!!

• Like 2

• 11 months later...
16 minutes ago, Homebee said:

First kit expected in Autumn 2023

Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/811765288916408/posts/5473972262695664/

310247531-638723984368648-68901227496884

V.P.

Well, when the 1/48 Avia S-199 is announced for autumn next year, autumn next year must be the best moment to market the 1/48 Mezek for Eduard. 😢O.K. , I won't complain, because I want Eduard to be economically strong enough to go on producing more such high quality kits. So I will wait one more year, patiently ignoring the plethora of Mustangs, Spitfires, Focke Wulffs and Messerschmitts which probably will be marketed by Eduard the coming 12 months and hopefully will all be happily bought by thousands of my fellow-modelers, thus funding niche models like a 1/48th Avia S-199 and (may I dream this loud?), yes, a CS-199!!! 😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RHWinter said:

Well, when the 1/48 Avia S-199 is announced for autumn next year, autumn next year must be the best moment to market the 1/48 Mezek for Eduard

Eduard wants to premiere at Eday, as this is their flagship event, mainly for Czech modellers.

3 hours ago, RHWinter said:

and (may I dream this loud?), yes, a CS-199!!! 😁

There has been some discussion about two-seat Bf 109G-12s and, if I remember correctly, they have not been ruled out, so the chance for CS-199 is high.

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Does anyone know if Eduard is planning any HA-1112 Buchóns ? 

I don't think so. Complete niche, too much development cost, and on top of that the project would have to pay for itself in 1/48 only. Eduard works closely with Special Hobby and they don't get in the way of competing products, so they wouldn't release it in 1/72.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Lusitanian said:

When I have spoken with them about the Avias they have never mentioned the possibility to make the Hispano-schmitts.  But the resin conversion sets from Hungary are beautiful models!

Best wishes!

Yes, those conversion sets are really looking good, but more a thing to get for the „hardcore-modeller“, aren't they?