1/48 - Avia S-199 "Mezek / Mule" by Eduard

172flogger

Interesting...Can we have a accurate Hispano HA-1109 & HA-1112 Buchon aswell please?

All the current Buchon's suffer from shape issue's around the nose,and the earlier 1109 has had very little love from anyone..

Can obviously understand Eduards interest in the S-199 being Czech....but it would be nice to have the Spanish connection covered by modern kits.

• Like 3

Oh, that is wonderful news!! Thanx Eduard! And a couple of decent spanish Messerschmitts would be really great too. And then, with Eduard's S-199 there will surely be an aftermarket conversion-set for a CS-199, the trainer-version of the S-199, not very far!

• 1 month later...

The expected release date for the S-199 is 2019. A lot can happen in that time. At this point it is very easy to build one that is very nice with the Hobbycraft/Academy kit with the AML set added. The cost will be about the same and it can be built now. With the AML set, you can even convert a Hasegawa or UM kit. In 1/72, the KP kit is quite nice.

Edited by Otakar

I have looked a bit deeper into it and have decided that the available kit with the AML update set is the way for me. There is a lot of nice stuff in the AML set and the Hobbycraft kit can be had for next to nothing on eBay. Besides that I already have four of them. I however only have one of the AML updates so am ordering more.

• 1 year later...
7 hours ago, Mike Esposito said:

Any news on this? Would love to see an accurate S-199:fingerscrossed:

A few posts above the Eduard-people promised the S-199 for 2019/2020, so no reason to get nervous right now (unfortunately...).

• 1 year later...

I don't think you will see anything until most likely next year. I doubt that they would hold this particular model much of a secret. I doubt that anyone would try to beat them to the punch on this particular aircraft. I would love to see it also. The nose on the Hobby Craft model is very inaccurate. 

• Like 1

I posted a question on a Czech website that has Eduard input on their new releases a few minutes after I posted here. I still have not had any word back. This might indicate that there will not be anything soon.

I never said that it will not come, just that it will not be as soon as most might expect. I doubt that Eduard expects this to be a very "hot" seller so they will put their efforts into something more more lucrative. I am also looking forward to both a S-199 and a CS-199 but will not hold my breath. I would expect to see either about mid 2020. That would be my guess.

• Like 2

I know very few (if any at all) modelers that wait for a release to begin building right away. So it will be welcomed no matter when it gets released.

The funny thing is that by the time it gets released we will have filled in pages of practically useless comments, like it happened with the never released AMK F-14 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

LOL😂😅 agreed. I did read some of that just for S&G since I am neither a F-14 or 1/72 fan. I particularly like, how a firms which have absolutely no ties, subject access or any kind of recourse access get into the subject matter. It would be so nice if these same companies stuck to the subjects to which they have good access to. I think that the AMK and L-29, Mi-8 combos are a good match. Now if they could do a good La-7 to which they have good access to would be a good one also. Or a good new Yak-11 or a goof MiG-15 or a good MiG-27 or MiG-23BN all in 1/48. The Eduard S-199 and CS-199 will be great. I would also love to see a New Zlin Trener Z-26, 126, 226 trainers.

• Like 1

I was told that it will be shown on E-Day which apparently is Sept-28. The irony is, that Eduard is usually quite accurate with their announcements.

7 hours ago, Otakar said:

I was told that it will be shown on E-Day which apparently is Sept-28. The irony is, that Eduard is usually quite accurate with their announcements.

Keep your hopes low. They may show some renders (if they even finished the 3D construction yet) together with renders of early Merlin Spitfires (those were presented last year already). But if I was to guess based on the various infos from Mr. Šulc and other Eduard insiders, I would say that realistic guesstimate is 2021+. But I would be happy if I'm proven wrong in the upcoming months :)

I have the tendency to agree with you. Although I do not understand with the choice of some of their subjects. P-51D? we need that like we need another hole in the head. This is what I understand from my sources, Eduard is concentrating their efforts on. That is a choice mirroring the origins of the name "Mustang" From the Spanish word "mustengo" which means "ownerless beast". Which is what I will think of another P-51 on the market. Airfix has very nice kits of both the early Spits and now the P-51D Mustang, so why another one. Even though I feel no ill will towards Eduard, I hope that they fall on their faces with those choices. Unless they decide to do a prototype Spitfire Type 300 "K5054", I will not buy another one. I already have three of each of the new Airfix examples of the Mk.I and Mk.V, which are beautiful and accurate kits. If Eduard chooses to do a new Mk. XII I will definitely buy one but that is the only major type missing in good quality I can think of. Much of the time, I do not understand the choices Eduard and some of the other companies make. The only companies I can honestly say have made decent choices in the last recent years are ICM and Zvezda. The Chinese companies I wont even bring up. They don't even come into the picture. How about a decent F4U-$ or F4U-5 or AU-1 Corsairs which there is no good and accurate kit of? Or a LaGG-3 or a La-7, or a Tempest-II Or a Spiteful or Seafang? Even though I do not much like German stuff, a He-100 or Bv-141. God forbid an accurate MiG-15 or MiG-23BN or 27. I don't think I will continue in the fear of depressing myself even further. There are so many good subjects which have been neglected.

Edited by Otakar
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...

Been waiting for this release for a long time, but glad that it is looking like it is now heading for the production line....I can wait a little longer. 😀