This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Mountain goat

Communication over missing order

Hi,

I’m trying to find out where my parcel is that was sent 27 days ago (I received an email from Hannants confirming the 'dispatched' status) and should have been delivered within 5 days. My emails via orders@ and sales@, bar the first, aren’t answered. Furthermore, postal services don't have my address on record for the week in and weeks after which the parcel was supposedly sent, so I fear Hannants never sent it despite entering my order as dispatched in the system - something that can perhaps easily happen when an item is in high demand and needs to be sent within a short time span.

EDIT: Case is solved. There was no trace of the package (Dutch post usually gives an internal tracking number to parcels, but still they couldn't locate it, and having worked there, knowing something about the inner workings of mail services, I became quite worried) but in the end this is all down to a couple of mistakes that have nothing to do with Hannants. Thanks to David Hannant for replying on this forum, much appreciated!

Jay

Edited by Mountain goat

You could try sales@hannants.co.uk which is the email listed on the info section.

Also (I know from being a trader) bear in mind that it can and often does take more than 5 days for something to be delivered outside the UK. It could well be stuck in the postage system somewhere, we find 90% or so of 'delayed' items occur when something is sent outside the UK. Did Hannants supply you with a tracking number? If it's a Royal Mail tracking number and assuming you're in a country that has fully tracked airmail (many still don't), it should reveal where your item was last.

It's not fair to blame Hannants, unless you actually know they have got it wrong. Try the email I suggested first and see what happens.

thanks

Mike

PS - another thing to bear in mind is that Royal Mail don't have guaranteed delivery times for things being sent outside the UK (for obvious reasons) and they do allow 5 to 6 weeks from the date of posting for something to be delivered, depending on where you are outside the UK.

Edited by Mikemx

Thanks,

Thank you, I have tried that one too, I forgot to mention that, sorry. I have had contact with all postal services involved and they claim if a parcel isn't delivered within 28 days it's considered lost. By giving my home address as destination they were able to inform me that there is no record of a parcel coming my way. Indeed it may have gone lost. I don't blame Hannants in that. But I would expect clear and swift communication with the customer if there something missing. As a customer, I'm getting worried I've lost my money. I've worked both in retail and mail services myself, so I know what can go wrong, which is a lot indeed - but good communication however can go a long way.

But then again your feedback is valuable and my post was perhaps too harsh, sorry if I gave that impression - it's no business of mine to dump my frustrations here, so I'll edit the original post towards a more neutral tone.

Jay

Edited by Mountain goat

Thanks,

Thank you, I have tried that one too, I forgot to mention that, sorry. I have had contact with all postal services involved and they claim if a parcel isn't delivered within 28 days it's considered lost. By giving my home address as destination they were able to inform me that there is no record of a parcel coming my way. Indeed it may have gone lost. I don't blame Hannants in that. But I would expect clear and swift communication with the customer if there something missing. As a customer, I'm getting worried I've lost my money. I've worked both in retail and mail services myself, so I know what can go wrong, which is a lot indeed - but good communication however can go a long way.

But then again I think you're right, it's no business of mine to dump my ire here, so I'll edit the original post towards a more neutral tone.

Jay

Here's what RM say, as quoted from their website. Twenty working days is 4 weeks, plus the week or so it should take to deliver and so it's 5 weeks for Europe and 6 weeks for anywhere else before RM consider it lost. So strictly speaking, it could still turn up or be sent back to Hannants, assuming they have posted it.

For items sent abroad

We cannot accept a claim for loss unless at least 20 working days (for items posted to Europe) or 25 working days (for items posted to the rest of the world) have passed since the item was due to be delivered. All claims must be submitted by the sender within 6 months of posting the item. Once we receive your claim we may contact the Foreign Postal Administration as part of our investigation, so please allow up to 90 days for us to investigate and respond fully before contacting us again.

If you have paid by Paypal or a Credit Card, you should be looking at how long you have before you can't start a claim with them, at least if the worst comes to the worst, you should be able to get your money back. Just another thought, perhaps your email went into their spam folder. It sometimes happens to us when people email us.

thanks

Mike

Do you have Skype? Calls are very reasonable, even to a landline. Dialling codeto UK is +44 then the number on the website without a 0 on the beginning. Works for me every time.

Do you have Skype? Calls are very reasonable, even to a landline. Dialling codeto UK is +44 then the number on the website without a 0 on the beginning. Works for me every time.

Thank you - hadn't thought of that, certainly worth a try!

Jay

I can't give you a reply to your query because you have not left your name, Mountain Goat does not really help us.

But orders at hannants e mail address does not exist and did you read the following in RED on our home page

Overseas customers we recommend you select the postage option WITH TRACKING if you want to follow your order thru the postal systems. If it does not have tracking it cannot be tracked and no one can tell you where it is. Tracking cannot be added after you have placed the order.

So if you did not chose With Tracking it does not have a tracking number and no one can help you find where it is. But if you got an e mail saying it had been dispatched then I can assure you it had because this is sent automatically when the parcel has passed through the posting sequence.

But parcels very rarely disappear, depends what country you live in, so it will either turn up or be returned to us. Please send an e mail to office at hannants.co.uk with the name you used to place the order and we will see what we can find about the dispatch.

With apologies,

David Hannant

Overseas customers we recommend you select the postage option WITH TRACKING if you want to follow your order thru the postal systems. If it does not have tracking it cannot be tracked and no one can tell you where it is. Tracking cannot be added after you have placed the order.

Thank you for your answer. I rather not give my name on public fora. But I have been helped in the meanwhile. I will certainly choose tracked mail in the future. Thanks again.

To readers: please consider this solved.

Jay