Independence Day 2 - MOVIE

The sequel had potential and I was encouraged by the fact much was made of having them to wait until they had a great story first.

I still want to see it, but I am going to wait for streaming on this one. Theaters are just too expensive for a mediocre movie

I wtched the first 40 mins then sacked it off and did something more interesting, never binned a movie part way thru before but this one is pants, corduroy trousers infact........

• Like 2

Sat and watched with SWMBO, if you thought the first one a bit implausible, this one beats it by miles, wait for sky movies to show it, visually stunning but lacking in thought.

Just my five pence worth.

Chris

• Like 1

I wtched the first 40 mins then sacked it off and did something more interesting, never binned a movie part way thru before but this one is pants, corduroy trousers infact........

I had the same experience with the film "hurt locker". I can describe it as American flag waving pish.

• Like 4

Not going to expect art or a realistic plot, this sort of movie I watch for the visuals and big explosions.

I showed my twelve year old son the first film last month and he liked it. We watched the trailer for the sequel after that and he asked if the funny guy (Will Smith) was in this one since he wasn't shown. I told him no, the actor wanted more money than they were willing to pay. He shrugged and said that's a shame, I really liked watching him.

Does Smith's involvement save a movie?- well not if the film is completely horrible, but he does give you something fun to watch in between explosions.

Moebius is going to release a couple of model kits from this movie last I heard, I do want one of those hybrid fighters for my shelf.

There is a chance Moebius may just eat the licensing fees and save on tooling costs though- if the film bombs big time there may not be much demand for a model kit of something nobody has seen on screen. Anybody remember 'Titan A.E.'? and the Drej model kit?

• Like 1

I enjoyed it. Its not going to win any awards for script or acting but the FX, especially in 3D IMAX, were rather splendid. To be truthful though I was more excited about the alien hybrid tech particularly the planes. To my completely untrained eye the bomber looked a lot like it took its cue from the B-1B Lancer and was the fighter a modified F22 or F35?? I really hope Moebius make both the fighter and the bomber oh my wallet... :thumbsup:

I enjoyed the film, I go to the cinema to escape the humdrum reality of everyday life, I don't analyse the film at all, I just sit back and enjoy (or not) I was shocked that my wife also liked the film as she hates anything to do with SciFi, I would say though that I wished I had watched the original before seeing the latest one.

Cheers

Dennis

I enjoyed it s well hell its entertainment not to be taken seriously.

Maybe because I am older I am less fussy about plot gaps

Rodders

yes but ive got a 7 yr old and 9 yr old and they said it was,nt as as good as the first one,so that will do for me..lol

it was mindlessly enjoyable tosh. Plot very similar but filled an hour and two nevertheless.

Jonners

...and sometimes that's exactly what you need :)