Confrontational (1/72 Revell Hawker Hunter FGA.9)

Hahaha! Kind of you to refer to me as an academic PC :) ...I must remember that next time I'm kneeling on the floor surrounded by bits of equipment and looking nonplussed in an 'that's not the way it looked in the IKEA showroom' kind of a way. I think that 'low stakes' quote was originally Kissinger IIRC? (Though he did go on to academia so he would know.) Mrs P. Is dead right though.

Did I say the Hunter was looking smart? It is. Very.

I'm off to bribe my children on Ced's auhority...

• Like 3

Literally lost for words in relation to the exchange of narrative and the academia loike stuff. Count me in for Telford 2019. I'm sure someone can come up with a collective noun for a gathering of mad enthusiastic modellers. Can't add much about the nose wheel. Here's a close up of Duxford's if it's any help.​ ​

HunterWheel1_zpsj1gys0kp.jpg

• Like 3

Wow - Telford 2019 is in danger of becoming mandatory. Crispin will be (not) celebrating his 60th Birthday and my guess is that PC will be celebrating the success of his latest bestselling satirical novel :) Note to self. Diarise Scale ModelWorld 2019 as soon as the dates are released.......Due to a self inflicted diary c*ck up I'm missing SMW this year.

PS - I'd just like to add that I will still be several years short of my 60th birthday then.

PPS - Although I suppose that actually depends on when 'a few' becomes 'several'.

Edited by Fritag
  • Like 6

That, Sir, is a phrase of genius. I laughed out loud on my train and am now getting very odd looks.

Count me in for Telford '19. It will be a matter of weeks before my 60th birthday, so I am going to need something to cheer me up.

P.S. Nice Hunter, by the way. But I hope you already knew that.

I just did the math(s). 60 will have come and gone for me then! Getting old is fine - I don't fancy the alternative...

The gloss looks good - nice to draw a line under your painting woes. Do I see a Sabre sneaking into the party?

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 4

Do I see a Sabre sneaking into the party?

Procopious, do I see a CAC Sabre alongside your Hunter?

You do! I need to finish it. It's made with bits from the Fujimi (wing, for the Sidewinders rail mounts) and Academy Sabres (everything else save the fuselage), plus the High Planes conversion set. It required some scratch building, which I found challenging.

So Winston and Mrs. P are at swim class, and I'm home "mowing the lawn". Oh, and packing to fly out to visit Cookie tomorrow. Poor Cookie.

Yessir, mowing and packing.

29473979692_8c1485a8a2_k.jpg20160910_083815 by Edward IX, on Flickr

29583909235_e59407e8cb_k.jpg20160910_083836 by Edward IX, on Flickr

It was also time to bite the bullet, rip the bandage off, and other such metaphorical things. I cut out the underwing serials, and...

29293634070_ffde921756_k.jpg20160910_090808 by Edward IX, on Flickr

29293635680_c0d2f2d275_k.jpg20160910_090806 by Edward IX, on Flickr

OH MY GOD IT WORKED!

I needed to stop immediately, since with things going so well, they could only go downhill from here. I guess I should mow the lawn, for real.

• Like 17

I'm supposed to be 'tidying' my belongings away, although I intended to do the canopy on a Spitfire.

Instead, I've restrung my Telecaster and have been trying to remember how to play the mandolin solo on 'Harriet Tubman's Gonna Carry Me Home' by The Long Ryders.

• Like 7

Bravo sir! My day was mostly spent watching Mrs 06/24 and her chums play hockey. As a gentleman, I shall not reveal the score, which was…"unsuccessful". Nor will I reveal where one of her youthful team mates was struck, but suffice to say I would not have been able to apply the ice pack for her, without attracting a flurry of blows from Mrs 06/24’s hockey weapon. Brave women these hockey players.

• Like 9

I'm at O'Hare now, about to fly off to New Mexico (well, El Paso, TX and thence to New Mexico), so nothing on the kit for a week or so. But all the main decals save the "G" code black outlines are now on (all the roundels and even the codes are two part decals in the RAFDecals set, annoyingly), and think, when we talk of horses, etc.

My son slept in our bed last night...well, he didn't sleep, but he was present, and so I woke up late, and in the rush to make it here forgot my camera, so any Phantom photos I post will alas be from my cell phone.

• Like 5

A picture to wish you bon voyage, and to demonstrate that the Royal Navy really knew how to look after their Hunters...

IMG_0196_zpsmd2vkbn2.jpg

Frankly, the aircraft looks to have survived the ordeal rather better than the building!

• Like 18

I hate to throw a wet blanket on things, but I noticed on the underside shot that the semi-circular cutouts in the flaps are missing the fill pieces which attach to the upper wing surfaces so as not to leave gaping holes when the flaps are up. Hope they didn't get tossed out after you removed them from the flaps...

• Like 1