Confrontational (1/72 Revell Hawker Hunter FGA.9)

I'm glad that Madeline (Madeleine?) was nice and snug - and, presumably - warm at home, then :).

Madeleine (after her namesake) is being watched by my sister, KR, who's pretty fond of her. As is anyone worth knowing.

I've long been a Great Lakes fan after reading "Paddle to the Sea" as a kid, one day maybe. :)

Well, I live within walking distances of one (Lake Michigan, the nicest one), you're always welcome to visit.

Looks very picturesque.....I'm sure the dogs would love it. :coolio:

It is, very. We turn off the GPS and navigate by map -- there are few roads, so it's tough to get lost.

• Like 8

Well, I live within walking distances of one (Lake Michigan, the nicest one), you're always welcome to visit.

If you invite one you have to invite us all, Edward. :) I would argue that Huron is gorgeous, but I've only seen 3.1* of the Great Lakes at water level. I've flown over Lake Michigan everytime I've flown, and it is captivating from X altitude. Returning from the West coast of Canada, we flew over the northmost part I've ever seen and it left me wanting to explore that area. The multitude of bays, islands, and what looked/seemed like secret getaway spots left me feeling like adventure MUST be had there.

*While Lake St. Clair doesn't register as one of the 'Greats' with an average depth of 6', is is still part of the system. Fed by the St Clair River and Draining into the Detroit River. I grew up in St. Clair Beach and so feel compelled to share this fact that it is the 6th Great Lake. :)

Something something models?

• Like 2

If you invite one you have to invite us all, Edward.

Any of you are of course welcome to stay at Manse Procopius (Hedgehog Manor, out of Mrs P's earshot), which is conveniently situated two minutes' walk from the train into Chicago and conveniently near O'Hare (but NOT Midway, which I'm royally sick of driving to). And I work but a brisk five-mile run from the Shedd Aquarium and Field Museum, which I know because I've run it.

• Like 3

Back from Michigan and Wisconsin by way of the last coal-fired steam-driven car ferry on the Great Lakes (by special Environmental Protection Agency dispensation as a historic land...water...mark). More later, including, if you're very unlucky, a slightly elegiac short essay on the USA's rural Midwest. But that will require Mrs. P (and Winston) giving me some free time. Ha. Ha. Hahahaha.

14067585_1245242348833908_22364259436368

The Badger, belching thick smoke as she raises steam.

14068100_1245460335478776_21506881115676

The Family Procopius, descending Sleeping Bear Dunes. This is a 450-foot vertical climb, and I used to be able to run up it. Carrying Winston, I about died. Fun fact: I am a huge fatty and currently weigh 74 pounds more than Mrs P, a difference that is greater than half of her actual weight. I will be eating nothing but bread and water for a time.

• Like 12

14068100_1245460335478776_21506881115676

The Family Procopius, descending Sleeping Bear Dunes. This is a 450-foot vertical climb, and I used to be able to run up it. Carrying Winston, I about died. Fun fact: I am a huge fatty and currently weigh 74 pounds more than Mrs P, a difference that is greater than half of her actual weight. I will be eating nothing but bread and water for a time.

I like the shirt design, the Great Lakes basin I do believe. My sole experience of them so far is the waterfront in Toronto.

Edited by JosephLalor
  • Like 1

I like the shirt design, the Great Lakes basin I do believe. My sole experience of them so far is the waterfront in Toronto.

Correct you are. I've been to every lake in the system at one time or another (occupational hazard of growing up listening to Stan Rogers songs); some are greater than others.

• Like 2

Wait, what's this!

29121396745_c7c2cd8300_k.jpg20160820_224911 by Edward IX, on Flickr

Black on black. Like, none more black.

First coats of Alclad Black primer, thinned with Gunze-self-levelling so that it doesn't totally suck (and to keep it from clogging my noble airbrush). No points for guessing where my fingies were during the spraying. In retrospect, I should have waited to do that wing, but the self-leveller makes the Alclad primer dry very slowly.

I decided to just go ahead and lay down the primer and fix any egregious mistakes once I'd done that, rather than endlessly faff about with only a few minutes per night to myself, if that.

• Like 16

Call the Mods,someone's posted a plane thingy on this discourse of life, the universe and everything.

Black is a very good colour for a Hunter :)

Fine family you have there PC. Never had the pleasure of the Great Lakes but have sailed along the St Lawrence and experienced 'that' waterfall tho

Trevor

• Like 3

Great shot of the famille Procopius out looking for worm-sign. That Hunter looks very much to me like it's current livery is that of House Harkkonen. :)

Hope you all had a smashing trip PC.

Tony

• Like 3

Nice looking black things PC - sartorial and aerial!

Great family shot too, one to treasure.

One small point; "a huge fatty" should possibly be revised as, otherwise, I would have to find new terms for my physique and the English language, rich as it is, does have limits. :)

I stopped comparing my weight with Mrs B's ages ago as she, with persistent dietary effort, is still the same weight as she was when I married her over thirty years ago. I, however, have 'matured' like a good wine and gathered the trappings of a Western lifestyle, both material and physical. I'll have you know that a bald head, greying beard and, um, girth is a sign of great wisdom in some African tribes. In addition, and according to some TV charity ads, you can still provide water to a whole village for under £5 a month! Time to move, perhaps...

I would have considered the 450' vertical climb and stayed at the top reminiscing, probably with some alcohol, but that's probably just me...

• Like 6

Phew, you managed to save some of the plastic from the creeping mists of Alclad-Gunzery

And obtained a lovely seam-gone look such as I always wishes I could have. :(

Great family shot on the big sandy sand mountain