Hasegawa 1/32 Fw-190 A5/U12 Lt. Erich Hondt 2./JG 11 Finished 1-9-2016

OK Guys,

Here are the pictures after all the decals went on. It was done in two sesions. one on Monday (the big ones) and one today ( stencilling).

I also placed the stabilisors.

IMG_3435_zpsxsedsyoe.jpg

IMG_3436_zpsttfdu9na.jpg

IMG_3437_zps8rostcww.jpg

IMG_3438_zpswwmw3n4h.jpg

IMG_3439_zpszlnh9dt7.jpg

IMG_3440_zpsnghl40ez.jpg

IMG_3441_zpsujdrydhc.jpg

IMG_3442_zpsg9mpump2.jpg

That is it for now. The next update will be after the weekend. I have a party :yahoo: in Liverpool this weekend, so no modelling. :yikes:

Cheers,

• Like 7

Thanxs Guys,

Looking good with the decals on, it's nice to see the undercarriage leg data plates ( MDC? ) which are often overlooked.

John

Hi John,

The data plates are from the Eaglecall decal sheet. They were there with the stencilling just like the ones on the propellor.

cheers,

I have given it today a Klear coat for the panel lines that still needs to be done. Hope to do that Thursday evening at a model evening.

After that it can be given a dull clear coat and than all the small bits and bobs need to go on.

Cheers,

The panel lines are done. Now it needs a dull clear coat after witch I can finish the model with all the small bits.

The intention is to have this one finished next week.

I don't have any pictures jet, but I will try to get some pictures up this weekend.

Cheers,

Here are the promised pictures after giving it a dull coat. Now it is to put all the last pieces on it and she will be ready.

IMG_3464_zpsx2damohu.jpg

IMG_3465_zpsgougaizn.jpg

That is it for now. I hope to finish it this week.

Cheers,

• Like 7

Not much done today, because of other activities, but here are some pictures from the undercarriage that has had it's detail painting.

IMG_3469_zpsoipnqna7.jpg

IMG_3471_zpsyfwzxbb6.jpg

IMG_3472_zpsv4jgxniy.jpg

This will be placed tomorrow and then it needs to dry, before I put the wheels on.

Cheers,

• Like 5

Lovely legs Arnold!

Where have you attached the lower end of the brake line? I get conflicting thoughts about whether it should go in the rear of the brake drum on the wheel or into the rear of the MLG leg?

Regards,

If you go to page 3 there you will see how I have done it. I connected it where there is on the Original leg some sort of a connection that goes inside the leg?! But there does it stop on the outside. I have got this out of a book where there is one rebuild in Germany from different wrecks. Can't remember the name of the book. I have found it https://www.scalemates.com/books/book.php?id=105428

That is the source of most of my detailing. It is a great book.

I have also done some work on the model and she is almost finished. I will try to put up some pictures tomorrow.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 1

If you go to page 3 there you will see how I have done it. I connected it where there is on the Original leg some sort of a connection that goes inside the leg?! But there does it stop on the outside. I have got this out of a book where there is one rebuild in Germany from different wrecks. Can't remember the name of the book. I have found it https://www.scalemates.com/books/book.php?id=105428

That is the source of most of my detailing. It is a great book.

I have also done some work on the model and she is almost finished. I will try to put up some pictures tomorrow.

Cheers,

Thanks for that,

I actually have that book on order! It looks great and full of details, I shall have a look more closely.

Regards,

Last update the model is finished.

There are some pictures in the Galery.

Here are some left over pictures.

IMG_3477_zpsv8ciwoth.jpg

IMG_3478_zps2h7cwxs4.jpg

IMG_3480_zpsw8aaecrk.jpg

IMG_3482_zpsfpatpqsj.jpg

IMG_3484_zpsgxyxpgci.jpg

IMG_3473_zpspdnobzl3.jpg

IMG_3475_zpsigvs0ukg.jpg

I just noticed that I have forgotten to put on the wing lights. I will correct that later.

I liked this project. It was a nice kit to build.

Thanks for looking and see you later with the D11 project and the two Macchi's in the MTO GB.

Cheers,

• Like 4