1/48 Fiesler Fi156C Storch

I was fully braced but it proved slightly unnecessary. :)

I'm still braced - can I relax now, or is there more coming? :lol:

Nice work on the tiny bits there Jamie, it is a clear improvement on the kit part.

Cheers,

Stew

You can breathe now chaps! :D

Progress on all models is slow. Hopefully it'll pick up after the weekend! On the plus side, I was invited to dinner at my wife's friend's house last night. Her husband successfully lit a barbecue (from proper charcoal, not a poncey gas one) and did a fine job of cooking the food, both without me lifting a finger. I was delighted. We don't have any other friends that can set fire to something and cook on said fire. The last time we were invited to a barbecue the host (who was already prone to small-man-syndrome) couldn't get it lit so I had to light it. Then it turned out he couldn't cook over a barbecue either, so I had to do it. We never heard from them again after that!

• 3 years later...

Any claims that four years have elapsed are untrue.

I may have forgotten to take photos over the past few evenings though...

resized_12856bf3-a35d-4223-9627-82a055e3

resized_80b34d8e-1f32-405d-8d5f-8835ecd9

This kit is really very nice indeed. It's very well engineered and it's now clear why it was relatively expensive. It's also much bigger than the mental image many including myself have - even though I've seen real ones both in flight and on the ground!

• Like 4

It's now partially painted.

resized_5a75d957-c243-42ad-aad0-2cab949e

I'll practise the tight squiggles on RLM78 on something else. If I'm consistently good enough I'll do the first markings option. If it looks like I'll botch a £58.99 kit it'll be the second and I've finished the base painting :D

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Good god that really was (almost) four years ago, now I feel considerably older than I did when I woke up...

Anyway nice progress mate, good luck with the squiggles - for what it's worth if they were applied in the field, they might well have been a bit inconsistent in real life :) 

Cheers,

Stew 

• Haha 1