1/35 Tamiya Challenger 1

So A levels were about as fun as I'd expected but now they've finished I've celebrated the start of the summer with this Tamiya Challenger 1 in Desert Storm scheme, built with the up-armoured skirts- it was a great kit that I have absolutely no complaints about, it also comes with a great commander figure that I have built and will at some point paint and place in the open hatch. Done mostly in Tamiya acrylics with Citadel washes for weathering. I tried to use the washes to build up a multi-shaded impression of sandy dirt on the hull. I believe the kit dates to the 80s originally, and is superbly detailed even regardless of the age- no complaints!

Please bear in mind this is only my second ever armour build so please be gentle! Hope you like it.

35%20CHALLENGER%202_zps9qiea4qw.jpg

35%20CHALLENGER%203_zpsmwrfbvco.jpg

35%20CHALLENGER%204_zpspub0aapp.jpg

35%20CHALLENGER%206_zpsvkmgydtk.jpg

35%20CHALLENGER%205_zpshyfcxw3x.jpg

35%20CHALLENGER%207_zpsho3nnxgb.jpg

And with my first armour build, a Tamiya T72:

35%20CHALLENGER_zpsfqzljme9.jpg

-Flash

• Like 14

Nice work! The turret size compared to its soviet counter part is interesting. I know they used Auto Loaders instead of a crewman, still though it doesn't look like their would be enough room!

• Like 1

Thanks for all the good feedback chaps, really appreciate it!

I dimly remember my A Levels being no fun either. Nice work on the Chally though :)

You can say that again, I came out of Economics Paper 4 a raving lunatic! After 4 essay subjects I wasn't sure my right hand would ever be able to hold a paintbrush again...

Very nice, can't wait to see it with the commander in place.

And don't worry about your A levels, of all my education A levels were the low point and I still went on to study what I wanted to at uni which was a laugh a minute, you'll be fine.

Finnthedude.

• Like 1