Thai Airways Boeing 747-200 Revell 1/144

This 747 was built along with my other Revell British Airways 747-236.

That kit came with two decal options (BA and Thai) and was released somewhere in 1990.The decals where still in good condition,but whoever designed that decal set,esp. for the Thai version was either an apprentice or had no clue what he was doing...

It was quite tricky to get them to match and align with the 747s fuselage and have the correct spots for the doors and windows.

The windows and other details come from a 747 detail set.

The build itself was straight forward with no problems.Revell's 747-100/200 kit is very nice for its age and I enjoy every build of them.

I did some humble corrections on the kit's engines,as they are a bit off shape.

Some more 747's are waiting in my stash,but due to our house renovation I had to empty my hobbyroom...so no airliner production probably for the next 2 months... :crying::frantic:

So here I present my last and recent builds that rolled off production line or had to be rushed over the finishing line before the shutdown...

All modells and the whole stash I had to relocate (evacuate) to my moms place...luckily she just lives in the next house.

But the place is now quite crowded... :winkgrin:

Here a pic of the current situation...not my whole fleet though and also some snap fit models that I bought some time ago

20160702_175845_zpsud6biqkk.jpg

On we go with the 747 walkaround...

Cheers,

20160702_174842_zps8lmykxns.jpg

20160702_174829_zpswapjwzac.jpg

20160702_174749_zpslptaosld.jpg

20160702_174709_zpskh3xzlrb.jpg

20160702_174639_zpsqzshgcdf.jpg

20160702_174623_zps3jzs8soa.jpg

...and also no cats,as these pics were taken at my moms place... :sorry:

Edited by Alex1978
  • Like 20

My all time favourite livery especially on their old DC-10s, but looks graet on any of the Thai fleet.

That looks superb Alex.

Was the Buddha in the background an intentional prop or accidental?

Chris.

PS. That JAL 747 looks very tasty too.. Can we have a couple of pics once your renovations are out of the way please?

• Like 1

Okay - you're off the hook about the cat thing - but don't let it happen again ! :fight:

On a serious note, cracking build Alex and fantastic finish.

:thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

As luck would have it, I pulled one these Revell 747s out of the loft this morning and after having had a look at the parts, I was in desperate need of some inspiration. I think you may have just ticked the box for me.

Good luck with the renovations.

mike

• Like 2

My all time favourite livery especially on their old DC-10s, but looks graet on any of the Thai fleet.

That looks superb Alex.

Was the Buddha in the background an intentional prop or accidental?

Chris.

PS. That JAL 747 looks very tasty too.. Can we have a couple of pics once your renovations are out of the way please?

Thank you Chris,

The Buddha was actually in the pic by accident,but I think it comes in handy with the topic...

No problem,I will take some pics of the JAL 747.Its the ancient Nitto 1/200 kit from the 1970s.Actually not one of my best builds...I might redo it as I found another one recently.The decals on mine changed colour as I had to print the airline title.Probably my printers paint was not the best...

Beautiful. I love this Thai scheme so much more than the current one.

As usual a nice clean crisp finish but I'm sure a little light weathering would prove to be the icing on the cake, go on get out that soft pencil, you know you want to. Easy to do while all your models are out!

Stunning collection by the way, lots of variety. I doubt my mum would want me to bring all my models round to hers. Mind you I wouldn't want to either in case she get's her duster out!! I can just imagine the antenna and pitots etc pinging off in all directions!

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1

Thank you Chris,

The Buddha was actually in the pic by accident,but I think it comes in handy with the topic...

No problem,I will take some pics of the JAL 747.Its the ancient Nitto 1/200 kit from the 1970s.Actually not one of my best builds...I might redo it as I found another one recently.The decals on mine changed colour as I had to print the airline title.Probably my printers paint was not the best...

Cheers Alex.

I have the Microscale sheet for the JAL scheme but in 1/144 scale. Its a rather nice livery, especially on the 747.

Chris

Another gorgeous classic Alex. ( The Buddha in the background is just perfect )

Do I spy a UTA DC-8 on the sideboard?

Cheers,

Mike

• Like 1

Beautiful. I love this Thai scheme so much more than the current one.

As usual a nice clean crisp finish but I'm sure a little light weathering would prove to be the icing on the cake, go on get out that soft pencil, you know you want to. Easy to do while all your models are out!

Stunning collection by the way, lots of variety. I doubt my mum would want me to bring all my models round to hers. Mind you I wouldn't want to either in case she get's her duster out!! I can just imagine the antenna and pitots etc pinging off in all directions!

Cheers,

Ian

Thank you Ian,

I did light weathering at the tail and APU.

I am trying to improve my skills on every model i do.But on some models,I like to have a nice and clean surface.

I already told my mom that the models are only there to be out of the way and are in no need of cleaning... :winkgrin:

Another gorgeous classic Alex. ( The Buddha in the background is just perfect )

Do I spy a UTA DC-8 on the sideboard?

Cheers,

Mike

Thank you Mike,

Yes its a UTA DC-8 in the background.Its the ancient Heller kit,that I mentioned in my Plasticart DC-8 thread.

Its a real dog of a kit and on par with the Plasticart outing in terms of accuracy and shape issues.

Beautiful 747 Alex. I built this one myself a couple of years ago and found the same thing - the window holes in the decals didn't line up with the kit windows.

It has to be one of the loveliest liveries ever,

Cheers

John

Another lovely job Alex - beautiful livery on a beautiful model. :thumbsup:

I admit to a soft spot for the Revell 747-200 which has been around for so long it's like an old friend. I've built it a few times and like you I've always enjoyed it.

Thanks for sharing, just a pity there's no cat!

• Like 1