Tank Crew Beret

Hi,

I've got the figures now for my Cromwell tank, I've researched corps and regiments and found that the type of tank I've made would be used by the Kings Royal Hussars of the RAC.

However, which beret do I do, the black and silver badge RAC beret, of the Kings Royal Hussars brown, red patch and silver badge beret.

Please help :frantic::hypnotised::confused:

Many thanks,

PlasticSoldier

Well,

If you are modelling a Cromwell tank then none, as the KRH did not exist then.

The KRH were the almagamation of the Royal Hussars and the 14/20th Kings Royal Hussars and although Im not sure on the actual date I would hazard around the mid nineties.

If you want the genuine article then you will have to do some research to see who actually had Cromwell tanks as both the Regiments mentioned above were also the result of amalgamations too......

Cheers

Nick

PS. I was a Queen's Royal Hussar but joined as a Queen's Royal Irish Hussar back in 1987. The QRH were the result of the QRIH and the QOH amalgamating in 1993, but the QRIH was the result of the 4th Hussars and the 8th King's Royal Irish Hussars amalgamating in the 50s and the QOH were the result of the 3rd and the 7th Hussars amalgamating too (not sure when)

This is why you will need to do some homework :weep:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...