Jaguar MK11

Beautiful build!

A question for all of you:

I've got this kit in the stash with plans for building it as a replica of the car used in the "Inspector Morse" series. Can anyone recommend a source for the correct steel wheels used on that car?

Thanks,

Ken

• Like 1

Beautiful build!

A question for all of you:

I've got this kit in the stash with plans for building it as a replica of the car used in the "Inspector Morse" series. Can anyone recommend a source for the correct steel wheels used on that car?

Thanks,

Ken

Contact K and R replicas.

They do 1/24 Jaguar steel wheels, with hubcaps.

Ask nicely, and they do sell separate parts.

http://www.kandrreplicas.co.uk/

Roy.

Edited by roymattblack
  • Like 1

Contact K and R replicas.

They do 1/24 Jaguar steel wheels, with hubcaps.

Ask nicely, and they do sell separate parts.

http://www.kandrreplicas.co.uk/

Roy.

Thanks Roy, will do.

Apologies to all for digressing...

First that is a cracking build and it brings back a lot of memories. I have had four 3.8's one 240(last of the line(outwardly it had thinner bumpers) and a 3.8 S type 1965 CAE 38C I wonder if it still exists? All bought in the 1970's and the most I paid was £80 for one. The XJ6 came out in 1968 and the mk2 was dead as for market value. I loved them and turned a profit on all but one which I scrapped for parts.

To make just a couple of observations The bumpers need attention as they are too low and sag(Having tried to refit the bloody things on the real one single handed it should be a breeze for you) if you want to super detail it there is a radio ariel on the front wing next to the drivers quarter light.

The spats on the rear wheels were always a nuisance and never fitted properly. I used to bin then and use a little fillet instead. If you want to rescribe it I would tend not to do it you model is fine and it is very nice to see. I hope you don't mind my comments and a trip down memory lane.

To NYMODELLER

The Inspector Morse car is an abortion with that vinyl roof(never a Jaguar option) and whoever did that needed shooting. Steels are the poor mans version I would stick to wires. Still its your model so I will shut up now!

To Roy

As an old gaffer of 71 I have had a lot of Jags namely an XK140 bought from a widow who wanted it gone for £180 XK 150, MK 7, MK10 and series one XJ6 with rotten front wings but reliable and a 1970 Fixed Head E type new(Inherited money) Still I an happy with my V8 Soarer now for comfort

Sorry I have rambled off again, I must have forgotten my medication.(if I had kept the above lot I would have a private Nurse to see to me) :bouncy::winkgrin:

• Like 1

Hi Paul thanks for the information, I agree that the bumpers do look low and should be more level with bottom line of body work,or at least i think so,as for the aerial the majority were after market fits by various dealers so i didnt do it but i may look at that when i do the bumpers, the rescribe will be left well alone as my unsteady hand will do more damage than good lol.

Once again thank you for looking and for the info all helps in my learning process.

Cheers Dave.

• Like 1