This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Callahan

Akrotiri Lightning T5 squadron markings

I recently picked up a copy of Xtradecal 72200, Lightning T4s and T5s. My intention is to make the Akrotiri T5 with the pink tail and squadron bands with associated flamingo on the tail, using the Sword kit. The problem is with the bands themselves. They look pink on the instruction sheet, the pictures I've seen look pink, but on the decals themselves they appear to be white (with a light blue surround). Are my eyes going wonky? Is this a known error? Any help appreciated.

Edited by Kevin Callahan

Hi,

I am building this at the moment, and my copy of the decal sheet has the bars in a definite pink. Light, but definitely pink. Might you have a rogue sheet?

Paul

I don't *think* they are rogue; I suspect it is just the fact that they don't look terribly pink on the sheet. Hopefully the tone will be more prominent once they are on the model. With the lack of alternative decals for this aircraft, I'm going to persevere and see how it looks at the end.