Super Tucano bellyache

Trenton guy

What gives with the belly (under the wing center section) of the Super Tucano. The Hobby Boss 1/48 kit has been criticized ,by reviewers, for it's lack of a rectangular protrusion under the fuselage and the center section of the wing. One build article I saw included a plasticard and filler representation of it. A Chilean aftermarket company markets a resin correction piece. Yet, when I study photographs (and I have studied many) I do not see it. Does any one know what it is supposed to be and why it so seldom seems to be there? Is it removable or only occasionally fitted? As an added insight, a 1/72 Brazilian made resin kit which I have (Duarte I believe, my stash is still fully boxed up after a recent move) also lacks any sign of this fairing.

Does any one know what it is and whether I must be represent to make my Hobby Boss build accurate?

Julien

Thanks so much. Very helpful, seems that the fairing in question is present on all but the demonstrator. Now comes the adventure of trying to source correction parts from Duarte which can't be found on the internet and AVM which can be found but has not responded to earlier inquiries. Thanks again.

Bill

Whoops! Spoke too soon. Reached out again to Alejandro at AVM and received an almost immediate reply. The desired Super Tucano correction set is on its way to me. Must have done something wrong last time (not unusual for me when electrons are involved). This time I just used the contact bottom on his web site and told him what I wanted. The prompt reply advised as to the payment required including shipping which was made by PayPal. I didn't want to leave impression that AVM's service is anything but sterling. Earlier difficulties are down to me.

Thanks again to you, Julian. The link you pointed me to not only showed me an excellent photo of the belly in question, but also brought me back to AVM. An accurate Super Tucano coming up!

Bill

• Like 1