C47 KN566 G-AMPO

F7F3p

after much googling and searching i have drawn a blank on any wartime pictures of this aircraft , if anyone has any idea of colour schemes she wore in service especially during the Berlin Airlift i would be very grateful

thanks

Simon F7F3P

Using RAF C-47B KN566 as the search parameter, you can find a lot of information on the aircraft's history and numerous photos, but none from its wartime and Berlin Airlift service- all appear to be later schemes...Berlin Airlift photos of any participating aircraft are hard to come by, it seems. My Dad, then an Air Corps Lieutenant, was at RAF Fassberg during the Airlift and took many photos of the C-47's and C-54's, but none of them showed any of the RAF transports. Good luck on your search.

Mike

Thanks for your reply , i have seen many photos of her in later life with Air Atlantique and the like , the only information i have found say that she worked in the far east to start with with 238 Sqn RAF thencame home and served with 10 Sqn during the Berlin Airlift but no luck with codes or which colours she may have worn either all over silver or o/d and neutral gray

Thanks

Simon