1/72 AMT Kamov Ka-52 "Hokum B"

After another coat of Aqua Gloss to seal in the decals I applied a grey wash to the gear bays:

P1130756_zpsf3jkrmhs.jpg

Next I applied a Payne's grey oil wash to the panel lines:

P1130757_zpse6atngtb.jpg

Then it was a case of final assembly of the sticky out bits:

P1130762_zpsey0epfgh.jpg

All it needs now it a coat of matt varnish, unmasking the canopy, adding the wiper and making a red light for the spine and navigation lights I think. I should get that all done tomorrow just it time to joint in with the start of the Huey GB.

Bye for now,

Nigel

• Like 9

Today I started by adding the little blade aerial in front of the cockpit. Its just balanced on a bed of superglue so will be rather fragile. Then I could apply a coat of matt varnish and unmask the windows:

P1130766_zpsvnrypqks.jpg

Next I started to make the lights using one of my punch sets to make the red light for the spine using clear red cocktail stick plastic:

P1130765_zpsdbypyfck.jpg

Here it is finished and in place using a dab of GS Hypo cement:

P1130767_zpsuu8nvdqm.jpg

Then I made and added the navigation lights using clear sprue and red and green clear Tamiya paints:

P1130769_zps1wec1rpb.jpg

I made a few of each colour and selected the best.

The final job was to add the wiper using Gator Grip:

P1130768_zps4dgxftcc.jpg

With the rotors in place I can call this build finished:

P1130770_zpsj4y5m9fx.jpg

My next project will be part of the Huey ST GB the start of which can be found here.

Bye for now,

Nigel

• Like 11

Hi Mike,

Yes I heat the end of a bit of sprue in my spirit burner and then plunge into a suitably shaped hole such as in the die set or some photo etch.

Clever. Ye Olde Worlde Artistrie from the Mother Country! And thrifty, too; my Scots-Irish heart beats proud, laddie.

• Like 2

It looks fantastic Nigel. The cockpit glass looks quite clear, enabling the detail inside to be seen :)

:goodjob:

Best regards

Tony

• Like 1

Superb! What's next, or did I miss* that?

Cheers,

Alex.

* Good grief, I even posted in the new one, if anyone sees my brain scuttling about, please catch it and send it back to its owner...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...