The chase - Masterbox 1/35 Yankee Scout and Tracker - COMPLETED!

giemme

So you just broke the poor guys arm off and left it lying next to him! Brutal! :winkgrin:

Good to see more progress though and I hope you have a brilliant holiday!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

I'm glad you weren't my riding instructor! He used to say that I held the reins too low when I started riding, but his method of correcting this was less extreme than yours.

Enjoy your holiday, we're off to Spain on Sunday for 10 days so we will return about the same time as you.

Looking forward to the resumption.

John

• Like 1

So you just broke the poor guys arm off and left it lying next to him! Brutal! :winkgrin:

Good to see more progress though and I hope you have a brilliant holiday!

Kind regards,

Stix

:D :d But I fixed his arm before leaving for my holydays, now he's just fine :) Pictures to be posted when I'm back, though :winkgrin: Thanks Stix! :thumbsup:

I'm glad you weren't my riding instructor! He used to say that I held the reins too low when I started riding, but his method of correcting this was less extreme than yours.

Enjoy your holiday, we're off to Spain on Sunday for 10 days so we will return about the same time as you.

Looking forward to the resumption.

John

:D Yes, I've been a bit extreme, but as mentioned above, now he's just fine and in a much better stance! :winkgrin:

Enjoy your stay in Spain, that is also a beautiful place to visit :thumbsup2:

Ciao

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody; back from my holidays, time to get this going :coolio:

First off: as mentioned above, before leaving I managed to re-attach the Yankee's left arm, now in a much better position (John, can Mrs. Biggles confirm? :winkgrin::D )

28610772442_31911ceb6f_b.jpg

And I also glued in the horse's tail; I used some sprue strips and Tamiya Green Cap to fill in the seams, here, plus some sanding to tie everything in:

28610771342_6fdbf757a3_b.jpg

28099232244_35dc3524b0_b.jpg

I started working on the tracker: legs and hips band

28101051243_cc3a390923_b.jpg

Sprue gate chewed off some of the back part, I'll have to come up with something suitable for the repair :hmmm:

28610773372_f9cb34681d_b.jpg

Side gap filled in with sprue strips and Tamiya Green Cap, needs some sanding:

28101050283_c592a084d4_b.jpg

Torso glued in, with a lot of gaps to fill:

28716788475_fd1f156355_b.jpg

28610770252_db6ee55794_b.jpg

28638758621_79909786b8_b.jpg

Not sure this is all my fault, but some probably :( I let this cure overnight, then tonight I should be able to do some proper filling

Any comments welcome

Ciao

• Like 8

Hi, good to see you back with this.

The position of the arm looks good to me, just right for ' relaxed ' mode. I have also found that my Masterbox pilot figures require quite a lot of cleaning up and there are some gaps to fill, so I doubt that it's your fault.

John

• Like 1

Hi, good to see you back with this.

The position of the arm looks good to me, just right for ' relaxed ' mode. I have also found that my Masterbox pilot figures require quite a lot of cleaning up and there are some gaps to fill, so I doubt that it's your fault.

John

Cheers John, thanks :thumbsup: Yes, some clean up is required, but those are probably bigger than expected. Well, I'll fix them - some way :frantic:

How was Spain?

Ciao

Hi Giemme. Good to see you back and with some progress........even if there are a few fit issues with the figures. I'm sure they aren't anything that you won't be able to fix. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Hi Giemme. Good to see you back and with some progress........even if there are a few fit issues with the figures. I'm sure they aren't anything that you won't be able to fix. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Cheers Stix, thanks :thumbsup: I filled in those gaps with some PPP last night, doesn't look too bad. I'll do some more clean up, then I should be able to post some more progress tomorrow; painting stage is now approaching :pilot:

Ciao

• Like 1

Spain was hot, hot, hot but we were up in the hills about 20km inland from the coast so there was always a breeze. How was Sicily?

John

Thanks John, Sicily was just great! Not too hot, always windy enough, wonderful sea, great food ... :)

Ciao

Hi everybody; slowly approaching the painting stage (at least for the figures, I've yet to address the base). I've almost completed the job on the Indian Tracker: filled in the gaps with PPP

28653577532_274ef95a0a_b.jpg

28681316911_4992796403_b.jpg

and the hips band chew-off with some CA gel

28653576122_6394a74ff7_b.jpg

Left arm: I needed a metal pin to have a positive alignment

28681316141_311e0444e1_b.jpg

Glued in with CA, then Tamiya Green Cap and then the joint was filled with sprue strips melted in with Tamiya Green Cap (poor pic, sorry :banghead:)

28653574312_5e56b5d613_b.jpg

Right arm was easier; no pins, I just put a drop of CA gel on the joining surfaces, adjusted in place and then went over again with Tamiya Green cap etc etc

28140985394_2a72c5b895_b.jpg

28681314111_133354a3fd_b.jpg

Test fitting the pose with his rifle:

28653572502_0128503ecf_z.jpg

28653571992_0cb2b91a1a_z.jpg

I'm gonna have to cheat a little bit here, as the hand looks to be holding the rifle in a too high position; I think I'll add some "natural" stuff on the ground, so that the rifle seats higher ... :whistle:

Pictures are showing a lot of cleaning work still to be done, that I couldn't spot with my bare eye :chair: . Anyway, apart from that and from tidying the arms joints, I should be able to spray on some primer tonight. I'm sure it will show more details to be touched up, but at least I can start painting :yahoo:

Any comments welcome

Ciao

Edited by giemme
  • Like 8

You seem to be sorting out the areas that required filler well and good idea about using the scenery to lift the rifle a little higher. :coolio:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Coming together nicely Giemme :winkgrin:

Cheers Steve, thanks! :thumbsup:

You seem to be sorting out the areas that required filler well and good idea about using the scenery to lift the rifle a little higher. :coolio:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix! :thumbsup: I'm gonna have to ask you for advice when I get around the base, especially for the green stuff :) Meanwhile I'll check what I have and what I can source from my LHS (I already saw they have a variety of different synthetic grass that comes in bags)

Ciao

• Like 1

Hi giemme. Thinking about possible bases for your project it might be worth seeing if your LHS does any tufts of grass as well as any turf. If you can get a range of shades it will look more natural than all one shade.

• Like 1

Hi giemme. Thinking about possible bases for your project it might be worth seeing if your LHS does any tufts of grass as well as any turf. If you can get a range of shades it will look more natural than all one shade.

Thanks Stix, will do :thumbsup:

The figures are looking great Giorgio, and welcome back!

Cheers Cookie, thanks :thumbsup:

Ciao

• Like 1

... it might be worth seeing if your LHS does any tufts of grass as well as any turf.

Best source for me is a local model railroad shop.

Giorgio,

I'm really enjoying this one, as usual.

Gene K

• Like 1

Best source for me is a local model railroad shop.

Thanks Gene; my LHS has something related to railroad modelling, although not specifically dedicated to that. I'll have to check it out :thumbsup2:

I managed to spray some primer yesterday, and that showed some more filling job to do. No pictures though, I'm now leaving for a few days (Alps, this time :winkgrin: ).

Should be back with an update next WE

Ciao

• Like 1

Next thing you know, he'll be off to London!

Gene K

:D Hey, that's a spoiler!

Stix, I'll be in London with my eldest daughter from the 20th on for a few days, it's a gift for her 8th grade :)

• Like 1

Hi everybody; slowly going on with this. I airbrushed some primer on the figures, and this showed (as I suspected) that I need to do more filling job on the horse:

28384682794_497842e16c_b.jpg

28899053332_257c655a62_b.jpg

I used some PPP to fill in (again) the seams, resprayed the primer (usual mix of Vallejo Grey Primer and Future) and then airbrushed a coat of Tamiya Flat Black on every part except the two heads:

28718150860_17d6a475b2_b.jpg

28387121483_f1bd104b12_b.jpg

28971827146_1f11cd3cde_b.jpg

I haven't decided where to start the paint job from, if from the horse or from the heads ... :hmmm:

Comments welcome, as ever.

Ciao

• Like 7