Airfix 2017

Denford

The Airfix calendar free with Airfix model world has 3 new images in it which aren't currently on any kit. A AEW Shackleton,  BF110 and a silver PR XIX spitfire 

so how about a 1/24 Spit XIX that would tick all the boxes

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Denford said:

Don't worry: Xtradecal will surely go crazy and cover the many, many schemes that Airfix couldn' t include.

Wes, Denford, glad to see cooler modelling heads in operation.

I 'm sure you're right about extradecal, and hopefully Airfix will do decent decals; the trouble is of course my personal wishes aren't always going to coincide with Airfix's marketing plans.

• Like 1

I'll say it again: the Telford announcement will be a 1/72 B-52D. It's iconic. It has international appeal. Airfix had the opportunity for complete access to the one at Duxford while it was out of the hangar. Finally, it will have a certain "wow!" factor that is desired for the show announcement.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, VMA131Marine said:

I'll say it again: the Telford announcement will be a 1/72 B-52D. It's iconic. It has international appeal. Airfix had the opportunity for complete access to the one at Duxford while it was out of the hangar. Finally, it will have a certain "wow!" factor that is desired for the show announcement.

With two other B-52 kits being issued, one a brand new tooling - I can't see it

Airfix seem to be putting out a mass of WWII era subjects at the moment. Could this big 'iconic' announcement be in the same genre or are we due a more modern type? Either way there's a mass of subjects at Duxford and not just aircraft. Instead of the B-52 how about a B-25? Or perhaps a U-2 or the SR-71; there's a couple of Cold War icons. Does an F-15 or P-47 count as having global iconic status? Not sure the A-10 can carry that label either. With a B-17 due would Airfix go with the B-29 so soon after? Sure there's other machines in the American section but that's all I can think of off-hand.

So Battle of Britain section has been well covered of late with the Hurricane, Spitfire, Defiant, 109 and He.111 all out. Not sure an Me.110 is an icon either and can't think of anything else.

There's a load more stuff in the AirSpace section but many have been covered already unless it's a change of scale for an existing kit. 48th Lanc? Doubt it. Oxford, Anson, Magistar, Lysander, not really icons. Mosquito? Airfix do a new kit in 24th so why not replace the old 72nd or 48th scale toolings. Sunderland? Nah. Vulcan? Too soon after the Victor surely.

What about the flyers? A Corsair perhaps? Maybe a late-model Spitfire again - 24th scale Mk.XIV anyone?

Or maybe it's a tank?

3 hours ago, trickydicky210 said:

The Airfix calendar free with Airfix model world has 3 new images in it which aren't currently on any kit. A AEW Shackleton,  BF110 and a silver PR XIX spitfire 

so how about a 1/24 Spit XIX that would tick all the boxes

I noticed that to , be nice if it was a XIX Spit in 1/24 !

Guy

...Or it could be a 1/24 AEW Shackleton, a 1/48 Bf-110 and a 1/144 Pr XIX! B)

Seriously though, if Airfix brought out a 1/24 Spitfire PR XIX, I would buy at least three or four. So many conversion possibilites!!

..What I really yearn for though is a 1/24 Spit XIV lowback :wub:

Best regards; 

Steve

Edited by fightersweep

Almost certainly a 1/48 Phantom F-4K (FG.1).  I've just bought 2 of the Hasegawa re-releases and some Alley Cat intakes. :rolleyes:

• Like 6

As for the Phantom, I would very much prefer a widely available one to 1/72nd. With the way pricing is creeping up a 48th one would be around the same price as a Victor. I'm not against 48th, quite like the scale for quite a few subjects but we are in need of a Phantom series in 72nd from Airfix. They need one in their range. Imagine no Spitfires at all by Airfix.....

• Like 2

This may sound crazy and most probably will not happen, but it could be the most iconic Jet of all time (and no one seems to have mentioned it yet)

the F-16 

Its not British so that will probably be its biggest hurdle. 

5 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

No chance.

• Like 2