Messerschmitt Me-262 STGB Chat

trickyrich

well that's it folks she's all over!!!

Well done to those that made it and for those that didn't, please keep at your builds, there were some really nice ones there that need to be finshed.

Peter you are pretty much spot on with your evaluation. The participation rates for those who originally signed up were quite low, but that does often happen with GB's. Things come up that don't allow you to join in, you do sign up month/years ahead sometimes. You cross your fingers and hope for the best.

But to those that did show up and others that joined in, well I hope you had an enjoyable build, even Valkyrie who's build did seemed to have be possessed but he got there in the end. And Enzo, well he was planning to defend the Reich and given time won it for them! :D

I'll setup the poll tonight, as usual it'll run for a week. I was planning to have two separate polls for real and paper 262's, but if no one has any objections then I'll make it just one poll for favourite build. 

Again thanks again everyone who joined in, you guy's make these GB's fun and a pleasure to run. :worthy:   I now get to have a nice break for a while from hosting, which I need as I have soooo many projects on the run. :frantic:

• Thanks 1

Rich/Mottlemaster, a truly decently led GB and everyone really mucked in to this one. Great tips and encouragement and thanks to the comments for keeping everyone going, and to Ozzy for helping me out of a jam. I’ve learned about the Me262 and glad I have one in the build portfolio and feel my rattlecan spray painting went well, when I move house I think I might upgrade to an airbrush. Lucifer will be getting made into yellow 13 today and consigned to the back of the shelf.

Thanks for hosting and some great pieces in the gallery

43878889121_d8429c52f0_b.jpg

Edited by Valkyrie
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

the poll is up and will remain open for 7 days.

Due to the numbers I thought it best not to have two seperate polls but just one for the build that you liked the most.

One result I can tell you all now was that Airfix won the "Most Popular Build Choice" award with 7 entries. Though a protest has been called by Hobby Boss, so the stewards have been called in as there may have been and attempt to fix this result, carried out by a person who shall remain anonymous! :D

Plus we managed to cover all scales between 1/100th and 1/32nd! Again well done everyone!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I Failed!!! :crying:

In my defence I do have a decent excuse though, as I had to spend a lot of waking hours over the last month doing something pretty critical on the server.  I will finish it though, but I'll move it into the general WIP area when I have my next progress report ready.  If anyone else didn't finish and wants to carry on in WIP, just Report your thread and ask for it to go there :yes:

• Like 2

Firstly i must thank and congratulate  Rich for his energy in hosting this stgb but also managing a complex and demanding conversion of one of the most least modeled 262 variants .👍

Secondly i must apologize for not giving more of a  helping hand as co host.

I run a carnivorous plant nursery and the long hot dry summer has increased my work load 3 fold . Too knackered do think about typing ...

My modelling mojo has been restored and i am astonished that i managed to get my two 262's to the gallery . In hind site should have stuck to one .

Looking forward to the start of the JU 87 stgb and will catch up with you there .

Alistair

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Mottlemaster said:

Firstly i must thank and congratulate  Rich for his energy in hosting this stgb but also managing a complex and demanding conversion of one of the most least modeled 262 variants .👍

I'd agree with that Alistair :yes:

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mike said:

I Failed!!! :crying:

In my defence I do have a decent excuse though, as I had to spend a lot of waking hours over the last month doing something pretty critical on the server.  I will finish it though, but I'll move it into the general WIP area when I have my next progress report ready.  If anyone else didn't finish and wants to carry on in WIP, just Report your thread and ask for it to go there :yes:

That's ok, we forgive you.....this time!!!  :D I don't think a lot of people realize what goes on behind the scenes to keep an amazing website like this up and running, I'm surprised you have any time to build models. So we should be thanking you and the other admin staff for allowing us to hold to hold GB's like this. :worthy:

4 hours ago, Mottlemaster said:

Secondly i must apologize for not giving more of a  helping hand as co host.

I run a carnivorous plant nursery and the long hot dry summer has increased my work load 3 fold . Too knackered do think about typing ...

My modelling mojo has been restored and i am astonished that i managed to get my two 262's to the gallery . In hind site should have stuck to one .

Looking forward to the start of the JU 87 stgb and will catch up with you there .

Alistair

I was glad to have you along to help out, every little bit helps.

I just realized my planned break from hosting duties is much shorter than I thought!!  :doh: I'll be back on the 25th for the P-39/63 STGB!!! :wall: Guess I'll be seeing a lot of you again real soon!

• Thanks 4

13 hours ago, trickyrich said:

That's ok, we forgive you.....this time!!!  :D I don't think a lot of people realize what goes on behind the scenes to keep an amazing website like this up and running, I'm surprised you have any time to build models. So we should be thanking you and the other admin staff for allowing us to hold to hold GB's like this. :worthy:

Creep! :tease: but thanks ^_^

• Like 1

That’s well said. As my wife says, oh what would you do without your forum!! True, I’d have to watch Emmerdale every night instead! Thanks Mike 

• Thanks 1

The last part of this GB is now over, thanks everyone who came along and voted.

We have a joint poll 1st place with Arniec and his amazing Me-262 Mistel 4 beast and my Me-262 V1. Plus he managed to take second place with his Me-262B-1a/U1. Both of those models were beautify built and deserve lots of praise.

But to all those who managed to get their build into the galley, thank you. For an aircraft that wasn't built in great numbers or in a variety of schemes/models we managed to show her off really well with beautifullypresented models. Well done everyone.

• Like 5

Congratulations to all who took part .

A difficult Summer season (in the UK and the Netherlands) due to heat and pressure on modelling time to do all those outdoor things with family and friends .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1