1/72nd AZ Model/Legato Hurricane Mk.IV x 2, 137 Sqn, RAF & 351 (Yugoslavian) Sqn.- EDITED!

Hiya Folks,

More Hurricane`s I`m afraid,...... here are two AZ Model/Legato Hurricane Mk.IV`s with cannon and rocket armament. The first is from 351 (Yugoslavian) Sqn based on the island of Vis off the Yugoslavian coast for operations in support of Tito`s partisan`s equipped with rockets and the second is a cannon armed aircraft from 137 Sqn based at Rochford and Manston. Here they are;

DSCF8170_zpsgmxojnju.jpg

351 Sqn;

DSCF8168_zpsxgajnz9x.jpg

DSCF8165_zpsxstnmseo.jpg

DSCF8164_zpserzkevsh.jpg

DSCF8167_zpsrxnsy2aw.jpg

DSCF8169_zpshq9kxk8r.jpg

DSCF8159_zpsa1ouu0sf.jpg

DSCF8157_zpsbwggkjzh.jpg

DSCF8155_zpswshjnmhq.jpg

137 Sqn;

DSCF8137_zpso9ml4s9t.jpg

DSCF8138_zpsdzggdyky.jpg

DSCF8143_zpsng8zzdh1.jpg

DSCF8149_zpsn9t5jqpp.jpg

DSCF8150_zpsck5lzaen.jpg

DSCF8144_zpsjhlk6yrp.jpg

Hope you like them,..... as usual they were brush painted and did you spot the deliberate (ish!) mistake`s on the Yugoslavian Hurri,..... yes the serial has the LF missing as the decals curled up and I couldn`t save the letters! I meant to have a go at replacing them,...but forgot until I saw the photos,.....doh! Also,....I`ve just noticed that the stars on the fin may be upside down,...doh again,..but in my defence my eyes are going and it can hardly be seen on the model but I will go back and put it right.

All the best

Tony

Edit;

Having realised that I forgot to add the LF from the serial and that the fin stripes were the wrong way around on the Yugoslav Hurri,.....I have sorted both of these out,.....here are some pics of the revised model;

DSCF8175_zpsvvcc3sbx.jpg

DSCF8174_zpshyad3ocs.jpg

DSCF8179_zpsnsgxn8kd.jpg

DSCF8176_zpsesgar3ef.jpg

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 25

nice builds - like the Yugoslavian one with the rockets especially. And to be honest - no, I didn't notice the missing letter in the serial ;-)

Cheers,

Michael

• Like 1

No need to be afraid of posting Hurricanes. The more the better. They look lovely and great to see some more unusual types and markings. Pity about the tail star but perhaps you could pretend that the chap who applied them in the field had eyesight issues too and thus held the stencil upside down. Anyway, it certainly doesn't detract from a couple of great builds and I daresay I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't brought it to may attention!

The kits look good. How did they build? I'm rather keen on acquiring an all over silver Hurricane IV from No. 6 sqn which I think is one of the options.

• Like 2

Hiya Folks,

More Hurricane`s I`m afraid,...... here are two AZ Model/Legato Hurricane Mk.IV`s with cannon and rocket armament. The first is from 351 (Yugoslavian) Sqn based on the island of Vis off the Yugoslavian coast for operations in support of Tito`s partisan`s equipped with rockets and the second is a cannon armed aircraft from 137 Sqn based at Rochford and Manston. Here they are;

DSCF8170_zpsgmxojnju.jpg

351 Sqn;

DSCF8168_zpsxgajnz9x.jpg

DSCF8165_zpsxstnmseo.jpg

DSCF8164_zpserzkevsh.jpg

DSCF8167_zpsrxnsy2aw.jpg

DSCF8169_zpshq9kxk8r.jpg

DSCF8159_zpsa1ouu0sf.jpg

DSCF8157_zpsbwggkjzh.jpg

DSCF8155_zpswshjnmhq.jpg

137 Sqn;

DSCF8137_zpso9ml4s9t.jpg

DSCF8138_zpsdzggdyky.jpg

DSCF8143_zpsng8zzdh1.jpg

DSCF8149_zpsn9t5jqpp.jpg

DSCF8150_zpsck5lzaen.jpg

DSCF8144_zpsjhlk6yrp.jpg

Hope you like them,..... as usual they were brush painted and did you spot the deliberate (ish!) mistake`s on the Yugoslavian Hurri,..... yes the serial has the LF missing as the decals curled up and I couldn`t save the letters! I meant to have a go at replacing them,...but forgot until I saw the photos,.....doh! Also,....I`ve just noticed that the stars on the fin may be upside down,...doh again,..but in my defence my eyes are going and it can hardly be seen on the model but I will go back and put it right.

All the best

Tony

Nice build and paint,but it is the fault of the Partisan flags upside down Blue is the first, and the stars are inverted at the top

images from the Internet.

yugoslavian-pilot-tugomi.jpg

360px-yuhurricane.jpg

P.k

• Like 1

Great work Tony - as we have come to expect. ( No pressure mind )

Is it not amazing how many errors / flaws the camera reveals that one has not seen with one's eyes, even though the build has been in front of you for weeks? I swear, every pic I snap reveals two or three "How did I not notice that before?" moments. ( And don't get me started on how it always seems to add ten kilos and emphasize the receding hairline on pics of self! )

Cheers,

Mike

• Like 1

Further to PK`s remarks about the fin flash and the fact that I missed off part of the serial on one side,.....I decided to revise the model by cobbling together some new fin flashes which are now the right way around and also made some LF letters for the serial on the right hand side. There are some new pics of the model on the main page and here is one of them here,.....hope it looks OK?;

DSCF8175_zpsvvcc3sbx.jpg

Cheers

Tony

• Like 3

Hiya Folks,

DSCF8170_zpsgmxojnju.jpg

351 Sqn;

DSCF8168_zpsxgajnz9x.jpg

DSCF8165_zpsxstnmseo.jpg

DSCF8164_zpserzkevsh.jpg

DSCF8167_zpsrxnsy2aw.jpg

DSCF8169_zpshq9kxk8r.jpg

DSCF8159_zpsa1ouu0sf.jpg

DSCF8157_zpsbwggkjzh.jpg

DSCF8155_zpswshjnmhq.jpg

137 Sqn;

DSCF8137_zpso9ml4s9t.jpg

DSCF8138_zpsdzggdyky.jpg

DSCF8143_zpsng8zzdh1.jpg

DSCF8149_zpsn9t5jqpp.jpg

DSCF8150_zpsck5lzaen.jpg

DSCF8144_zpsjhlk6yrp.jpg

All the best

Tony

Edit;

Having realised that I forgot to add the LF from the serial and that the fin stripes were the wrong way around on the Yugoslav Hurri,.....I have sorted both of these out,.....here are some pics of the revised model;

DSCF8175_zpsvvcc3sbx.jpg

DSCF8174_zpshyad3ocs.jpg

DSCF8179_zpsnsgxn8kd.jpg

DSCF8176_zpsesgar3ef.jpg

Cheers

Tony

TONY this is now the correct if you need some information about

TITO Partisan aviation and allies in the sky WWII Yugoslavia

I am open for questions and help all.

Again, a nice done

P.k

• Like 1

TONY this is now the correct if you need some information about

TITO Partisan aviation and allies in the sky WWII Yugoslavia

I am open for questions and help all.

Again, a nice done

P.k

Thanks PK,...... to be honest I did have quite a few reference photos but when it came to adding the decals I didn`t consult them and went by memory,.....doh!!

I really appreciate your offer and may take you up on this as I have a Yugoslavian Spitfire planned for the future.

Are there any photos existing of the Hurricane that I have built,...... I chose it due to the nose art but have never seen a photo of it. I am a bit dubious about the Sky spinner but went along with the instructions,..... even though I usually model from photos.

All the best

Tony

More great models, Tony! I like the AZ/Legato Hurricanes - they really look the part. The only downside are the canopies, which I usually replace with vacuforms, especially since I tend to model the canopy open. The AZ/Legato canopies are a bit too thick for that IMHO. I still can't figure out how you brush paint so well...

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1