1/72 - B-52H Stratofortress by Modelcollect - B-52G released, B-52D announced

madcat911

I'm a lot more excited now that we have actual plastic to look at. At first, I was sceptical that this model would be released this year. I'm sure this was a pretty big undertaking for the kit manufacturer. Regardless, I can finally get rid of my four AMT kits. Or I might keep them and build them alongside the modelcollect  kit...... Nah, Me thinks I need to make room for this one and the H model. 

6 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

If this is a patch on their 1/72 armour you wingy folks are in for a treat.....Modelcollect do not muck about!  :coolio:

Check this out:

Reveal hidden contents

0002129_bmp3-infantry-fighting-vehicle-w

OOTB.....Under £20.  :o

Agreed.It's actually the German WWII "what ifs " (if I may use the term) that really appeal to me. I now have all of the E-50/E-75/E-100 gun tanks! Especially looking forward to the E-100 Rheintochter!

Allan 

"...their fantasy range."

Perhaps.  But it is an exceptionally well rendered range of kits.  The moulding is first class as is the kit engineering.  For subjects less fantastical you've but to look at their range of other "real world" armor kits for proof of their quality.

I picked up one of their B-2 kits and it superbly done.  Thus I've great hope for their BUFF.

11 hours ago, Madoc said:

For subjects less fantastical you've but to look at their range of other "real world" armor kits for proof of their quality.

Yeah, I'm looking at 'one or two' of those right now.....Frankly having done so it makes me all the sadder that Modelcollect waste their precious resources on ficticious tat.  :mellow:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Yeah, I'm looking at 'one or two' of those right now.....Frankly having done so it makes me all the sadder that Modelcollect waste their precious resources on ficticious tat.  :mellow:

Dude, you still using vinegar and lemon juice in your coffee or what?  Damn!  If you don't like the subjects then don't buy 'em.  Oh, and lay off the prune juice too!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

They seem happy to have solved the wing dihedral problem... but the nose ??? The radome still seem too much streamlined with the nose section, there does not appear to be some sort of break between the radome and nose.

Just finished a great book, got in Kindle, called “Where the Buf Fellows Roam” by James Hooppaw, a ret’d Col.  Lots of good descriptions, war stories, comments from his 25+ yr. USAF career going from initial training to his last B-52 flight.  FYI. Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Ready for release - ref. UA72202 - Boeing B-52G Stratofortress

New box art for Boeing B-52D Stratofortress kit - ref. UA722??

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Modelcollect/photos/a.153755038112938.33382.153752164779892/1050568135098286/?type=3&theater

update for Modelcollect 1/72 B-52 project, in this weekend, we will start to ship out B-52G, and here is new boxart for B-52D, hope you like this.

36526741.jpg

V.P.

• Like 3

Looks pretty awesome. Panel lines look a little heavy, but a big airframe like this can take it. If only they copied Monogram and moulded a couple of hooks on the upper fuselage so you can easily hang it from the ceiling!

Question now is can I hang on long enough for the one I want (H), or will I buy the G as well... H'mmm