1/72 - B-52H Stratofortress by Modelcollect - B-52G released, B-52D announced

madcat911

• 7 months later...

Hey everyone. A few months ago I got the Modelcollect B-52G for a very decent price (too good to pass up) even while knowing of the shape inaccuracies of the nose and tail. I thought I could just get the Modelcollect update set to correct these two issues but upon going to their website a while back to order the updated parts they had them listed as per-order only. Last week I visited the site again and still none available. I emailed them a couple times and have heard nothing back yet. Do any of you know more info about their replacement parts? Such as maybe they’ve stopped supplying the replacements? Just hoping maybe one of you has heard something. Also do any other aftermarket companies provide these correction sets because I couldn’t find any through my own searching. 

thanks

At one time, their web site showed 1,000 1/72 B-52D kits available and when I checked next it appeared they'd sold ONE. More recently, I checked the web site and they showed the B-52D in pre-order status. Can someone provide some clarification regarding what's going on with this kit too?

Edited by SAT69
Error in wording

I've virtually given up on MC. I've always wanted a modern tooling of the B-52 in 1/72 to render the Vietnam era B-52D with the tall tail, mostly to be able to create a far better version of what I did with the Monogram kit as a kid and I only picked up the original MC B-52G in case it was all they released and which would at least give me the basis to modify (hopefully) into something closer to what I was after. Their announcement of their B-52D gave me hope that I could 'retire' my G and build a D straight from the box but as time has gone by it's feeling more and more like vapour-ware so I'm gearing up to '3D' a tail extension and other parts in order to at least use the kit I have. I'm also disappointing that the new tool B1B never materialised either.

• 1 month later...
On 10/03/2021 at 20:01, cf18hornet said:

Hey everyone. A few months ago I got the Modelcollect B-52G for a very decent price (too good to pass up) even while knowing of the shape inaccuracies of the nose and tail. I thought I could just get the Modelcollect update set to correct these two issues but upon going to their website a while back to order the updated parts they had them listed as per-order only. Last week I visited the site again and still none available. I emailed them a couple times and have heard nothing back yet. Do any of you know more info about their replacement parts? Such as maybe they’ve stopped supplying the replacements? Just hoping maybe one of you has heard something. Also do any other aftermarket companies provide these correction sets because I couldn’t find any through my own searching. 

thanks

Just an update regarding my post from a couple months ago and the availability of the Modelcollect B-52G replacement nose and tail parts. They are now once again available as I ordered a set today. 

Edited by cf18hornet
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I ordered the ModelCollect B-52G correction parts from them when they were listed as available a few months ago.    I had just about given up hope, when yesterday, what should my wondering eyes did appear, a package containing the correction parts sprues!    If listed as available, go ahead and order.   Have faith, be patient.   Build another kit or two (or three) while you wait.

• Like 2

On 5/2/2021 at 11:55 AM, Ranger626 said:

I ordered the ModelCollect B-52G correction parts from them when they were listed as available a few months ago.

Would these at all be suitable for improving the AMT/ERTL B-52G?

• 3 weeks later...

Next boxing - ref. UA72212 - Boeing B-52G Stratofortress strategic Bomber kit - incl. 20 x AGM-86 ALCM 

For the Boeing AGM-86 Air-Launched Cruise Missile (ALCM) set see also ref. UA72224

Source: http://www.modelcollect.com/usaf-b-52g-stratofortress-strategic-bomber-new-ver

Box art

0006714-usaf-b-52g-stratofortress-strate

A bomb set is also in the pipe line - ref. UA72220 - U.S. bomb set 27x Mk.117 and 16xMk84

Source: http://www.modelcollect.com/us-bomb-set-mk11727-and-mk84-16

0006757-us-bomb-set-mk11727-and-mk84-16.

V.P.

• Like 1

I believe I mentioned this here some time ago. I had the impression, based on what I'd seen at their web site, that they'd produced 1,000 B-52D kits. Looking back later it appeared they'd sold one. When I went back even later it appeared pre-orders were being accepted. Something is happening with the B-52D kit, it's just not clear what.

7 hours ago, SAT69 said:

I believe I mentioned this here some time ago. I had the impression, based on what I'd seen at their web site, that they'd produced 1,000 B-52D kits. Looking back later it appeared they'd sold one. When I went back even later it appeared pre-orders were being accepted. Something is happening with the B-52D kit, it's just not clear what.

But have they actually 'produced' and 'shipped' even one complete with tall fin?

Taking pre-orders is one thing but producing the actual article is another. I've seen that pre-order rattle around for quite some time without seeing anything of the plastic so far. Do you know if the 'one sold' has actually resulted in the sprues in someone's hands?

Cheers

32 minutes ago, Nocoolname said:

But have they actually 'produced' and 'shipped' even one complete with tall fin?

Taking pre-orders is one thing but producing the actual article is another. I've seen that pre-order rattle around for quite some time without seeing anything of the plastic so far. Do you know if the 'one sold' has actually resulted in the sprues in someone's hands?

According to what I saw on the web site, they'd produced 1,000 kits and when I next looked their inventory was 999. I don't know who bought the one sold. What's odd is that there've been no kit reviews, no test shot photos; nothing visible to substantiate their claim that they've produced the kit. I'm going out on a limb here and wondering if they produced 1,000 kits but then found that they were somehow defective, after the first one was sold, and thus are not available until the defect has been corrected.

11 hours ago, SAT69 said:

According to what I saw on the web site, they'd produced 1,000 kits and when I next looked their inventory was 999. I don't know who bought the one sold. What's odd is that there've been no kit reviews, no test shot photos; nothing visible to substantiate their claim that they've produced the kit. I'm going out on a limb here and wondering if they produced 1,000 kits but then found that they were somehow defective, after the first one was sold, and thus are not available until the defect has been corrected.

Or it's so amazing like the Airfix Vulcan that they can't possibly let the public have it :rofl:

• 7 months later...