1/72 - B-52H Stratofortress by Modelcollect - B-52G released, B-52D announced

madcat911

3 hours ago, Nocoolname said:

I emailed them and that’s what they told me. Said they’d announce soon how to obtain the parts. 

That is really good news!! Was a bit shocked that they got it wrong (reviews indicate other problems aswell including positioning of cockpit roof Windows) but getting the distinctive front end wrong dashed my hopes for a really good 'H' model.....   

2 hours ago, Stealthman said:

That is really good news!! Was a bit shocked that they got it wrong (reviews indicate other problems aswell including positioning of cockpit roof Windows) but getting the distinctive front end wrong dashed my hopes for a really good 'H' model.....   

Yep, I too am perked up by this. Other companies should take note 

On 9/24/2018 at 8:25 PM, Trenton guy said:

Revell take note. Yes I’m talking about you, Halifax I, II, and V.

Yes shame they can't update that.  It's a nice kit otherwise.   It wouldn't be so bad if they just added a new sprue with some accurate shaped propellors and some larger wheels.

16 hours ago, nigelr32 said:

I will be uploading an inbox sprue review of this kit later tonight. Next will be a side by side comparison with Revell and AMT. 

look up “Nigel’s mustang and models” on YouTube. 

I’ve been hoping to upload a sprue shot since picking up my kit on Thursday morning but I’ve been either howling or catatonic since Friday so haven’t even been able to look in the box! 😖

I've just made a video covering the Revellogram B-52D, The AMitaleri B-52H and The MC B-52G. It's amazing when you start digging just how many errors there are with the AMT and the MC kits. I find it incredible that, in the 60's kits were being produced, in moulds that have lasted 50 years and the accuracy is far better than kits of today? But I also find it incredible that Monogram produced such amazing aircraft, like their 1/48 Bombers for example, yet AMT were producing kits that, shall we say, werent as good in the same time period?

Still, the video is around an hour long..I will put time points in the description so you can skip forward if you want to.. I'll upload it tonight.. any ideas for a title?

After putting together my video and looking at this subject again, it is clear there are more issues than i mention in my video..

The external tanks should point upwards by about 2 or 3 degrees, along with the engines. I have also just noticed the U/C legs must be too short, (mentioned inmy video), as the gear doors are almost touching the ground, particularly on the FB images of the 'H'. 

There is also a concerning issue with the nose scribing.. all the panel lines are there, but the shut line between the nose cone and the rest of the fuselage is missing?? It's like fully scribing a wing panel but leaving the ailerons unscribed??

• 1 month later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/695711033832473/permalink/2182134421856786/

Are you about to or have you already purchased the Modelcollect 1/72 B-52G?

I've only seen one review of this particular kit, it seems there were some fitting issues with the kit. I'm not sure of its accuracy, but it seems there is a new correction set for the Modelcollect B-52G coming from Buff Master Design in mid December!

Perhaps if someone in our group has the Modelcollect B-52G already, you could tell us if this correction set is necessary or not. Just curious,are there a lot of errors with the Modelcollect kit?

46083886-916844891853469-398435061829363

V.P.

• 2 weeks later...

- ref. MCT - B-52G nose, tails replacement parts

Source: http://www.modelcollect.com/b-52g-nose-tails-replacement-part

210519113859459664.jpg

0005534-b-52g-nose-tails-replacement-par  0005533-b-52g-nose-tails-replacement-par

And - ref. UA72204 - Aircraft weapons set1 U.S.cruise missiles

http://www.modelcollect.com/aircraft-weapons-set1-uscruise-missiles-2

0005535-b-52g-nose-tails-replacement-par

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just got notice that my H was "being prepared for shipment" from a US dealer.:happy:

Now I have to start thinking seriously about where to put it🤔

• Like 2

21 hours ago, hsr said:

Make that “Shipped”😃👍

Some sprue shots would be great when it arrives with you!

I'll have to wait, wouldn't want to be hit with UK customs charges for such a big kit!

It arrived today, a day late. I Didn't want to post pictures of the sprues, since it is no longer a rumor, so I created a separate topic

• 1 year later...