1/72 - B-52H Stratofortress by Modelcollect - B-52G released, B-52D announced

madcat911

As much as I'd like to see a new tool 1/72 B-52 series of kits, here's my thoughts on the company. Just because they do a good job on their 1/72 scale tank kits, does not mean they will do the same on aircraft kits. Just look at Hobby Boss. They do excellent work on their 1/35 tanks, from what I have read and from modelers I have talked to, but their accuracy  track record on aircraft kits is abysmal IMHO. All I can do is wait & see. ^_^

Larry

IMHO armour is simpler to design than aircrafts. Much more objects but more basic. Aircrafts usually are made of compound curved surfaces and cross-sections change a lot along the object's main axis. The B-52 is pretty basic but real test will be the B-2 I think.

18 hours ago, Madoc said:

Recce,

What model aircraft has modelcollect done to yield such a poor impression?

I suspect he is referring to Hobby Boss. While they have produced some kits with appalling errors, they have released some gems like the A-6 Intruder. 

Mark

1 hour ago, madcat911 said:

I suspect he is referring to Hobby Boss. While they have produced some kits with appalling errors, they have released some gems like the A-6 Intruder. 

Mark

I am referring to Hobby Booboo. It has been my experience with them (and other new companies) that just because they do good in one subject matter (armour) doesn't mean they will do good in everything they produce.

I have absolutely nothing against modelcollect, and would dearly love for them to do an accurate line of 1/72 B-52 kits. Maybe they can then do a line of various C-130 kits. :unsure:

BTW, what 1/72 aircraft models has modelcollect done?

Larry

Edited by ReccePhreak
Add a question

4 hours ago, Madoc said:

Larry,

None.  The Mighty BUFF will therefore be their first.

Then I hope & pray that they will RESEARCH it properly (not download some bogus drawings off the internet, like SOME companies seem to do), and we will finally get an accurate B-52H. Even though it's not a recce aircraft, I will probably get one if: 1. It's an accurate kit & 2. I can afford it, on my limited modeling budget.

Then they can do a C-130 series, to replace that Italeri kit.

Larry

• 3 weeks later...

More: https://www.facebook.com/Modelcollect/posts/704750063013430

More info for B-52H, in B-52H project, we will have
1, full engine detail, in aircraft, and can be seen the engine detail;
2, full Cockpit detail include Boarding ladder and entryway
3, full bomber bay detail
and we will add more in this aircraft.
Thanks for your patience and looking.

14590443_704751056346664_602141568875361

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

Yes, I know it's maybe too early to say just on the basis of these few renders, but to me the nose doesn't look "snubbed" enough to represent the "H" nose - i.e. the point of the nose should be higher up...

Compare to this: https://img.planespotters.net/photo/316000/original/61-0031-usaf-united-states-air-force-boeing-b-52h-stratofortress_PlanespottersNet_316414.jpg

J

• Like 1

I think it's because we are looking at the render from an angle above, I think as you turn that image to exactly side on the nose point will come higher up.

Note how far the bottom curvature carries on past the lower crew area.

Looks good to me.

Guys, if you find any accuracy problems, please let Modelcollect know about them. (Maybe discuss the problems in this thread and just send them link.) Nobody is perfect, but Modelcollect clearly takes quality and their reputation seriously. For example, they retooled their T-90A kit which initially had wrong road wheel positions, and sent me the retooled kit free of charge.

As Apex has said bring up any problems on their facebook page, they will respond! The way they are going it seems the B-2 will hit the shelves first. I wonder if they will do something similar with the -52 and offer a pre-sale for lower prices, the first hundred B-2s at the lowest price are already sold out!!!

Just to show the sort of detail they put out here is a pic of ONE axle assembly from the S-300 TEL kit, it is 6 pieces; and I have 7 more to make!?!?!?

dumbtel%20004_zpsthwothcj.png

2 hours ago, JeffreyK said:

They've already responded and acknowledged there is an issue that will be addressed. Good guys!

Now, the much bigger issue I have is that both kits are not 1:48  - somehow doubt they will change that!!! :P

J

Do you remember Lewis Pruneau's 1/32 B-52 in Fine Scale Modeler?

• 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, snapper_city said:

I so hope they do a B-52D

The full range would be great! I'm hoping the H model comes with all the recent mods, lumps and bumps along with the Sniper/litening pod and adapter.

• Like 1

- ref.UA72200 - Boeing B-52H Stratofortress

Picture of B-52H U.S. Stratofortress strategic Bomber

- ref. UA72202 - Boeing B-52G Stratofortress

14502857_715690245252745_701185017332616

A full range is obviously coming.

ref. UA72201 - Northrop B-2A Spirit

and more...

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...