Any 1/72 Super Frelon Decals out there?

WARDOG

Hi All,

I was under the impression that "someone" was making some 72nd scale decals for the Super Frelon. Anybody know anything about these?

Thanks,

WARDOG

• Like 1

Thanks for the response Flybou72nd. I guess I should have said "French" Super Frelon decals in my inquire. I too did a Google search but worded it slightly differently and got different results. I would really like to know what the status is on those Flying Frog decals but alas, information seems to be thin concerning them!

I'll keep watching and looking!

Cheers,

WARDOG

I have the one, and only Mach 2 kit in 72nd scale. I think if I can't find the right decals, I'll have to make some by using decal paper and my printer/scanner!

Cheers,

WARDOG

• 3 years later...

Well,

What a difference a few years make!  Just received a set of 1/72nd scale decals for the Super Frelon from Print Scale and they are NICE!  Pretty thin and in register (alignment) and pretty complete with the correct stencils for all versions on sheet #2.

Anybody out there use these yet and have any comments?

Cheers,

WARDOG

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

@WARDOG Hi. Thanks for the heads up on this decal sheet.

I'm only really interested in the early white over blue/grey Aeronavale scheme. Do you think it would be worth getting a sheet? I can't recall what the Mach2 decals are like.

Cheers. 

Hey Smudge,

I won't be using the decals for that scheme and I'll trade them for something from my Decal Wants List.  I BELIEVE there are complete stencils for that scheme also, I'd just have to see if there are decals that are used by both types (main rotor markings?) but only printed once!

The Mach2 decals are VERY thick and out-of-register.  Also, many of the stencils are missing that are on the Print Scale sheet.  I've been waiting and praying for some decent replacement decals from SOMEBODY for a LOT of years and am looking forward to trying these out.  (Just have to get the correct colors for the camo scheme and work on the details and that dreaded canopy!).

Let me know if you're interested.  You can contact me directly at: glynnj (at) swbell (dot) net.

Goin' cold mic!

WARDOG

Edited by WARDOG
Auto-correct errors!
  • Thanks 1