Finally completed something this year! *More P-40 Pics added*

Hi peeps, here are my first two completions for 2016; Airfix's B5N2 "Kate" and the Academy P-40N, both 1/72.

Kate_P-40 00

The Kate is strictly Out-Of-the-Box, down to the colour recommendations Airfix cited with Nick Millman's help. The only aftermarket used was Peewit canopy masks:

Kate_P-40 01

Kate_P-40 02

The P-40 has been the subject of a few extras, however. The exhausts, spinner and prop blades have been replaced with Quickboost items and I managed to graft (after some fun and games!!) the Squadron vacform canopy intended for the Hasegawa P-40N on to it. This was also my first go at masking a canopy the tedious ( :blink: ) way for the aft and sliding sections. The windshield was done using an Eduard mask intended for the Hasegawa P-40E altered P-40N pattern.

Kate_P-40 03

Kate_P-40 04

I have to give thanks to Occa, LDSModeller, Nick Millman, Pete Mossong and everyone else for the help they gave when I made my initial POST relating to NZ3254 back in February: Thanks guys! :thumbsup:B)

Comments welcome!

Mike. :)

Edited by MikeR
  • Like 16

Very nice :-) normally make RAF or RAAF aircraft, only made a Kiwi machine just the once;

SANY2691_zpscf21ea13.jpg

Yours is far more colourful and interesting to look at!

Edited by SimonL
  • Like 1

Nicely done, Simon! :goodjob:

I have a connection with New Zealand as I have "more than few" (according to my Uncle Ronnie!) relatives down Dunedin way thanks to the Shetland side of the family!

Mike. :)

Edited by MikeR
  • Like 1