At long last, my Academy 1/48 F-4B Phantom II

After some years of Shelf of Doom exile, I decided to finish my Academy F-4B.

Here it goes:

f-4b051.JPG

f-4b052.JPG

f-4b053.JPG

f-4b054.JPG

f-4b055.JPG

f-4b056.JPG

All (constructive) opinions welcome.

All (less constructive) opinions welcome too, if they're funny (I'm the one to judge).

Cheers,

S.

• Like 49

Hello,Sebastian - My full compliments to you on a beautifully built and finished tribute to this iconic aircraft.The glorious 'Sundowners' scheme,along with many others of this period,show the Phantom at its most colourful and resplendent best in carrier-borne service.A stunning model and I love it. ;) All the best,Paul.

• Like 1

Nice finish. Being as I have about 5 kits sitting on the shelf of doom in various stages of semi built condition I applaud anyone who musters the strength to do what has to be done!

Muzz

• Like 1

Outstanding! Just the right amount of weathering and scuffing, too! Is there any prettier scheme than a VF-111 Sundowners F-4? You nailed this one...so, why was it on the Shelf of Doom? (Dreading doing all the stencils, perhaps?)

Mike

• Like 1

Outstanding! Just the right amount of weathering and scuffing, too! Is there any prettier scheme than a VF-111 Sundowners F-4? You nailed this one...so, why was it on the Shelf of Doom? (Dreading doing all the stencils, perhaps?)

Mike

Thanks.

It's just I like starting kits. Finishing them is a totally different story.

Cheers,

S.

• 4 months later...

I've been looking for builds on the Academy Phantoms because I've just ordered their F-4C and found this from your WIP. I'm not knowledgeable on Phantoms but it looks to be a very nice kit and I like what you've done with it. Looks really good. Well done.

• Like 1

I have the F-4B in my stash but I've been too scaredy-waredy to start it. :unsure:  Your beautifully finished model is re-igniting my inspiration Sebastien! :worthy:

thanks.

Mike

• Like 1