1/72 - IAI C2/C7 “KFIR” by AMK AvantGarde Model Kits - progress

These panel lines are killing me. Wonder how Mania, Fujimi, Hasegawa, Esci and others managed to have normal looking panel lines even from late 70s, while a modern company with all available technological advances can't do it. I was looking forward to this one, but after first glance at these photos this looks to be another wallet saver for me.

• Like 2

These parts are probably pre-production before the mould gets it's final tweaks and polishing, at least I hope they are!

Paul Harrison

AMK say on their Facebook page that this is just a test fit of a pre-production moulding, the panel lines should be just as good as those on their Delphin kit. Most companies go through several stages of test shot, they check out each one then send any corrections to the mould maker. Round 2 did an article on the process when they were doing the 1/48th Eagle Transporter.

Paul Harrison

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 13-11-2016 at 8:20 AM, Jackman said:

Are you guys using the same mold maker as the High Planes Mirages?  'cos the panel lines look the same ( deep ).

... and WIDE! Mind you, the panel lines on the HP/ PJ Mirages have been made a lot finer in their new release.

Edited by ivand
  • Like 2

I had contacted the company on facebook in December and while the person was not clear , I got the impression that the mold is being retooled for finer panel lines because as evident in the above photos , the panel lines are unacceptably wide .  He didn't provide me any tentative date either when one can expect the kit and I suspect it will be another couple of months before we see it . 

On 09/03/2017 at 1:10 PM, TEMPESTMK5 said:

According to Hobbyeasy the release date is now 

2017-04-05

http://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/data/jfua2irbngoacmauumj9.html

Previous ETAs (I may have missed some): 2016-12-14, 2017-01-14, 2017-03-09, 2017-04-28, 2017-05-28, 2017-06-02, 2017-08-02

Edited by Laurent
Keeping track of the dates

2 minutes ago, Laurent said:

Previous ETAs (I may have missed some): 2016-12-14, 2017-01-14, 2017-03-09

Given all the those previous ETAS dates I think that I won't regret not to have preordered this kit ...

Patrice  

• 2 weeks later...