1/72 - IAI C2/C7 “KFIR” by AMK AvantGarde Model Kits - progress

Hi everyone,

These are the latest CAD shots for you from Macau.

This is a little surprise we had prepared for you so we hope you approve the indulgence.

This kit is a scaled down version of the 1/48 scale kit we released a few years ago but with some improvements.

This model kit has the “waist” fuselage section missing from other kits and includes slide molded single piece missiles (I believe a first in this scale).

Following on from the trusted AMK ethos of “Easy To Build”.

Many more photos on our Facebook page.

86002-p10_zpszktyckhq.jpg

• Like 13

More Kfirs to add to the stash, I look forward to their arrival.

Zhizhou

• Like 2

1/72nd is my preferred scale, but I'm happy buying AMK 1/48th kits (that I want to build), if you downsize all your 1/48th kits then I'll be even happier! This is going to be great in 1/72nd scale.

• Like 2

Dear Martin @ AMK,

Could you please consider adding USN and/or USMC variants as decal options?

(as some undoubtedly know, the F-21A was in service with VF-43 and VMFT-401 for "Aggressor" adversary training)

Yes, these are in discussions now. Hopefully some more eclectic choices to come too :)

The F-21 is quite different from the C7 though. Different canards and wings for example. So aggressors will be C7 based I suspect.

BoltLooks really nice. What are the improvements over the 1/48th scale kit? Is there some accuracy improvements or is it just things that make it easier to build?

Better accuracy, improvements made to canopy and fuselage (waist) is correctly pinched, one piece missiles, better plastic and quality, better quality decals.

I need this, at last a decent 1/72 Kfir :yahoo::thumbsup:

I’ll hold you to that - when you’re ready to order I can take it directly :P

Edited by Martin @ AMK Hobby
  • Like 4

Martin, thank you for responding to my question regarding the decals. Good news!

>> So aggressors will be C7 based I suspect

I am very sorry to correct you, but - according to available sources - F-21A was based on Kfir C1, not C7. Certainly it has some differences.

• Like 2

ATAC does indeed use a number of Kfir C.2 leased from IAI. These may be called F-21 in some documents but are not the same as the original F-21, that was the US designation of a variant known as "Kfir Canard" (the C.1 designation from what I understand was never used by IAI or the HHA).

As the original F-21s had the original Mirage wing, they would be difficult to build from this kit. I'd expect conversion sets to be released by the aftemarket brigade though if they see interest

• Like 2

Martin, thank you for responding to my question regarding the decals. Good news!

>> So aggressors will be C7 based I suspect

I am very sorry to correct you, but - according to available sources - F-21A was based on Kfir C1, not C7. Certainly it has some differences.

F-21 has minor differences to the C2 and C7. No dog tooth wing, different canards but both used the same engine I am informed.

There some newer aggressor Kfirs:

http://www.atacusa.com/f_21_kfir.html

ATAC are great aren’t they :)

Ecuador, Colombia and Sri Lanka use/used the Kfir C2/C7, so hoping AMK will include decals for these!

Don’t worry about that :)

News on decals soon enough :)

• Like 3