A Tank and a Camel. (not Armoured Car anymore)

Dave_R

Hi all,

I've hardly ever attempted a diorama/vignette type of thing - once before, erm.... in about 1979! (it did win a prize though (- not much competition)). The idea of Vignettes has been growing on me, especially the smallish size of it- demands some creative thinking and they are shelf-space friendly and I finally got an idea of what to do.

One of these :-

Humber%2003_zpsevbwdyus.jpg

Humber%2004_zpsqbpsdymp.jpg

Humber%2005_zps2rjfdbyl.jpg

Humber%2007_zpsryahhsox.jpg

Humber%2009_zpsgpkjee9k.jpg

Humber%2010_zpsb576qw4c.jpg

.......and some of these......

Humber%2001_zps9rt18hpd.jpg

Humber%2002_zpsbcwotfov.jpg

Monty will not be making an appearance, as for the rest definitely the Camel and at least a couple of crew.

The Armoured Car is easily the most complex kit I've ever attempted, I suspect the carpet monster will be well fed on small parts.

I not going to make a proper start on this just yet as I've still a Chieftain to finish for the NATO v. Warpac GB. But I'm looking forward to getting going.

Dave.

Edited by Dave_R
  • Like 7

Hi Dave and welcome to the Vignette GB. What a wonderful looking project! I'm well impressed by Bronco's Armoured Car - it looks to be a well detailed kit - and comes with PE - bonus! :thumbsup:

And a camel in the vignette as well! Fantastic! We've already been promised penguins and various fish and stingrays by other modellers!

This GB is looking to be wonderfully varied!

Really looking forward to seeing your build in progress when you get time.

And congratulations on your 1979 prize winning dio!!

Kind regards,

Stix

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Dave. I know you are a busy modeler with lots of other projects on the go but I thought I would just check again if you had done anything on this project.

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix,

Thanks for asking, I've made a start this weekend and might have some photos ready tomorrow. It's going quite well......... so far!

Dave.

That is great news. I will look out for the photos.

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi all,

Here's a couple of photos of this weekends progress.

Humber%2012_zpscs7irl7w.jpg

The engine needs some more work on it. Probably for the first time ever, I'm going to build this in the order that's in the instructions (well, almost) - otherwise it could get complicated :hmmm:.

Humber%2011_zpsvsd8vthh.jpg

This is just my first attempt at a base. I've used an old bathroom tile with a coating of builders sand. The round thing in foreground is supposed to be a desert well, it's been carved out of polystyrene packaging - again it's a first attempt and needs some refinement.

Dave.

• Like 3

That is looking like good progress to me. The engine is coming together nicely. I do like your base and I think the well will look the part once you have some sand up around it to bed it into the scenery. That's good use of the packaging material too! Ingenious! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• 2 weeks later...

OK,

While the Bronco Humber is a nice kit, it's just too labourious to get finished in time. It's now going to be an M3 Stuart instead.

m3%2001_zpsidc0bqxj.jpg

The Humber may get finished at later date, then it can take it's rightful place.

Dave.

• Like 2

Hi All,

A bit of progress:-

This kit has been shelved for a while and it was originally going to be a US Army vehicle, hence the OD colour. So the next step was to break it down for re-painting. Also now the interior will be now visible, so that needs to be painted.

m3%2002_zpsp7yohdcv.jpg

I've primed it to give a lighter, even base for the new paint job, got the lower hull painted and the undercarriage in place.

m3%2003_zpsohwuc6lh.jpg

....and today the postie delivered a bit of PE.

m3%2004_zpsxe4fea9t.jpg

Dave.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I've been working mainly on the PE for the interior. 

Here's some pics.:-

m3%2009_zpsjkjged3b.jpg

m3%2010_zpsiytqj12k.jpg

m3%2008_zpsoaxdkttr.jpg

m3%2007_zpsnl7wfpv6.jpg

m3%2006_zpsslbfv7pa.jpg

m3%2005_zpsrzifmfy2.jpg

I don't want to spend too much time on the interior, but it will be partially visible through the hatches.  I've made good progress on the exterior PE today.  Pics to follow.

Dave.

Edited by Dave_R
  • Like 5

Hi Alberto,

The kit itself goes together quite nicely, but I'm finding a few inaccuracies as I'm going along.  Most of them are minor or easily correctable.  I think most of the inaccuracies are because the kit is based on an M-3a1 not an M-3.

If anybody is interested I'll list those that I've found but it's not too many.

Dave.

Edited by Dave_R
  • Like 1