Trumpeter 1:35 Faun Tank Transporter

Well, cracking on now. Managed to add most of the parts on the upper body and spray some of the brown camo on. I have left one of the doors off the storage cupboard as I may model that open (just couldn't resist changing SOMETHING with this build) as I have an idea or two to add atmosphere.

Trans08_zps3xjqwie6

Trans10_zpsdsw2qxtv

Trans11_zpsuzia4cle

Trans12_zpstswuurz3

Managed to find some figures that might just fit in with what I have in mind............(the bloke on the left has a shiny head because I am modeling him as bald - No offence intended to any follically challenged followers).

Trans14_zpsb4ex8qih

The Trailer support struts have been glued and held in place to dry. In the background you can see that I have added the green camo.

Hopefully tomorrow I can finish it off with the dark green camo.

Trans16_zpsshlqjuhq

Edited by ukmodeller
Renew pictures
  • Like 2

Nice work Kevin :thumbsup:

I have had one of these in the stash for a number of years. Looks like it goes together easily. Keeping an eye on your build :popcorn:

Thanks Ray

Actually the kit does go together quite well. The plastic seems softer than what I am used to, if that makes sense. I have to be more careful sanding down and tidying up.

There are a lot of little fiddly bits but they add a lot of detail. I may just look at buying Trumpeter kits again in the future.

Eager to see what we prepare your ...cheers Kevin :popcorn:

I'm eager to see the end product too Francis. Wondering if it will turn out ok or not..............

Onwards and upwards, as they say. Managed to finish the camouflage today. I will see how it is in the daylight. Glazing has been uncovered and the wheels attached. Just some fiddly bits to put on and the cabling, etc.

Trans17_zpsj1eceil1

Trans20_zpsi5hjwgvy

Trans21_zpsc2p2ujzf

Trans22_zpsmfcvh2ix

Trans23_zpsnkqe8pm2

Edited by ukmodeller
Renew pictures
  • Like 5

Cracking job, you haven't wasted any time on this!

:goodjob:

Thanks Phil. In all fairness it usually takes me weeks of planning beforehand when I decide to add lighting to my kits, as I have to study everywhich way for the wiring route, LED's required and any cutting that needs doing before assembly. It is quite nice not to worry about all of that for once.

Awesome . Now that's what I call a tractor unit!

It sure is Phil. There are all kinds of projects you could do with this kit.

Tapping into your vast knowledge and skills, any recommendations for the fininshing? I have not used a clear cote before and I don't really want it shining as such, but want to protect everything.

A big box, and the end result is fairly big too. I have no idea where I'll put my small collection of prime-movers when/if I'm done. The figures add a little bit of a candid nature to the model too :)

Looking good as i remember them, there were a beast not quite as beasty as an Antar or Scammel mind, i must be biased.

Ah! The Scammel. Memories of one of my first Airfix kits.......................A beast to be sure.

A big box, and the end result is fairly big too. I have no idea where I'll put my small collection of prime-movers when/if I'm done. The figures add a little bit of a candid nature to the model too :)

That's my problem too, Space. Couldn't resist this kit though. I have bought some figures which I hope to use of this build. As you say, it gives it some atmosphere.

• Like 1

ukmodeller, on 16 Jul 2016 - 1:57 PM, said:

That's my problem too, Space. Couldn't resist this kit though. I have bought some figures which I hope to use of this build. As you say, it gives it some atmosphere.

True, the place to display them as worthy, is a problem, I still have to solve ... :banghead:

The winch cable and wiring has now been added along with a few other bits and bobs. The trailer wheels and axles have now been added, awaiting painting.

Trans35_zpsnjlntlix

Trans36_zpspmssuveh

Trans32_zpst9q1tu0j

Trans37_zpswjechvnxTrans38_zpsk8yu1fwk

Edited by ukmodeller
Renew pictures
  • Like 3

It is staying very real, as a very intricate model looks, cheers Kevin :popcorn:

Thanks, Francis. I have done a couple of 'mods' to create some reality and these will become apparent when I post it up for inspection.

My detailed knowledge of military kits is very limited now so it was mainly built out of the box.

Nearly there (sigh!). Just a bit of touching up and the decals to apply. Weathering? I don't know yet.

I have a Leopard 2 A5 on order to go with this and some figures to do and then it will be up for inspection.

For now though, a little teaser...........

Trans39_zpswj1j7si3

Trans40_zpsb31xzi5z

Edited by ukmodeller
Renew pictures
  • Like 8