SMER (Heller) Fieseler Storch Fi 156C

This is my first ever GB, so I may not finish it in time :unsure:, but I'll try my best.​ I'm going to try to do Gen. Richthofen's Storch if I can find out code letters, or Löhr's if not. This its for a planned Schwerer Gustav dio, with this landing/ taxying next to it, on an improvised strip. As you will see in the photos, I have done a bit of the cockpit, and a bit of fuselage painted, but it is otherwise unstarted (I hope this is ok). This'll probably be mostly OOB, pics will be up soon, by the weekend at the latest.

Also, anyone with info on the markings of Wolfram Richthofen's Storch, that would be very useful, as the only in-flight pic I've found is this-

Von+Richthofen+flew+in+the+Fi+156+Storch

You can just about make out the camo demarcation lines and the fuselage band (just fore of the leading edge of the tailplanes), but I cannot see any codes.

Thanks in advance,

Seabo14 ;)

• Like 2

So, onwards! Here are the sprue shots-

A5R0LzUl.jpg

HoWxoDsl.jpg

And my progress so far-

4cZp3qAl.jpg

Complete with tiny Richthofen :P The fuselage painting is NOWHERE near final, it was just to see if the pic matched up. ​ ​

Nice looking project.

Not when I'm done with it :P

After a lot of digging, I found another pic :lol:

FGMF9BSm.png

​​

This is a very small pic I know, but you can see the unit code. N, then either 1,5,6, or 9. Richthofen himself is standing rather annoyingly in the way, but I think it is 1 or 9, as 5 is recce, 6 is Major Babekuhl. 1 is 'Großraum-Transportstaffel', if any German Britmodellers can translate this it would be great :D​. and 9 is Norway Headquarters pool. Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Seabo14

Edited by Seabo14
  • Like 6