Revell (Monagram) F-4J 1/72

PhantomBigStu

Looks like revells autumn release schedule has been leaked in germany, modeldoc posted a link of retailer showing this for release and a further google serach I've found a list on a german forum

not comifimred but likely to be the mongram one reissued

ttp://www.modellbau-universe.de/produkt;f-4j-phantom-us-navy-revell;re~03941;9;1;1;1.htm

http://www.flugzeugforum.de/threads/82722-Revell-Neuheiten-2016/page12?p=2304310#post2304310

Looks like revells autumn release schedule has been leaked in germany, modeldoc posted a link of retailer showing this for release and a further google serach I've found a list on a german forum

not comifimred but likely to be the mongram one reissued

ttp://www.modellbau-universe.de/produkt;f-4j-phantom-us-navy-revell;re~03941;9;1;1;1.htm

http://www.flugzeugforum.de/threads/82722-Revell-Neuheiten-2016/page12?p=2304310#post2304310

The Big H were showing this in future releases last week, I meant to ask whose mould it was then.

The Monogram kit is quite nice - except for the details on the splitter plates. It also has raised lines which many won't like.

>> We need new mould B/C/D

And what is wrong with the F-4B from Hasegawa?... (except the fact that it is a bit expensive)

In my view, Hasegawa does very good F-4B, J, S and RF-4B.

Academy's F-4J is good too, sure.

But, raised panel lines on this reported Monogram / Revell kit?.... To be re-released in 2016?.... Wow.... Anyway, those who are ready to build a kit with raised panel lines would probably not care for differences between F-4B and F-4J. To kids, it surely makes no difference.

• Like 1

>> We need new mould B/C/D

And what is wrong with the F-4B from Hasegawa?... (except the fact that it is a bit expensive)

In my view, Hasegawa does very good F-4B, J, S and RF-4B.

Academy's F-4J is good too, sure.

But, raised panel lines on this reported Monogram / Revell kit?.... To be re-released in 2016?.... Wow.... Anyway, those who are ready to build a kit with raised panel lines would probably not care for differences between F-4B and F-4J. To kids, it surely makes no difference.

Don't be too hard on raised lines. The Monogram ones are quite delicate and do the job of simulating panel lines, which in 1/72 should almost not be there. I went through a patch of removing all panel lines. That looks wrong too. As long as the shape is right, I can deal with raised lines.