+++Finished+++ Revell 1/144 Tupolev 95 "Bear-D"

Great choice of subject Ian :coolio:

As Craig says this type has flown through most of the Cold War and must have been intercepted by almost every front line fighter the West has had.

Where to start.... Revell copyright stamp on the OUTSIDE - yes you read that right - of wing sanded off.

Commence propeller painting......so many propellers.... promise to not let self ever pick up a Shackleton kit.....!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

" We're going to need a bigger bench....."

IMG_20160702_165939445_HDR

IMG_20160702_165939445_HDR_zpspt1e4by0.j

It's only 1:144, so it's bound to fit on the shelf once built, right ....? :banghead:

Edited by IanHx
  • Like 2

This looks interesting. What's the wingspan? Do you intend to do a 1:144 lightning or two as interceptors?

Mark.

PS - you've dropped a tin of paint on the floor.

This looks interesting. What's the wingspan? Do you intend to do a 1:144 lightning or two as interceptors?

Mark.

PS - you've dropped a tin of paint on the floor.

35cm across. Doesn't sound a lot on the box... seeing it in the plastic is a different matter :)

Re paint tin : training the cocker spaniel to retrieve stuff I've dropped not proceeding to plan. Unless it's a paintbrush !

At the moment, just trying to get the Bear built this month. Mini lightnings sounds cool, but probably not in this group build.

Wings and upper fuselage glued. Time to glue the 2 fuselage halves together, but concerned that the fumes might fog the clear cockpit windows...and that even more ballast may have been required in nose !

Haven't posted a picture for a while, so here's one to keep you going.... that underbelly Big Bulge radome sure is handy for clamping it while the paint dries :)

IMG_20160709_171853606_HDR

IMG_20160709_171853606_HDR_zpsfyvy7bvk.j

Edited by IanHx
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Main undercarriage on. Looks like another tail-sitter :(

Or is it ?! Don't quite know how, but it's posing in the 'just about to take off with nose wheel just coming off ground' position. Couldn't have built it that way if I'd tried !

As I sat there, about to start applying decals, one of life's imponderables walked into the room and slapped me round the face with a wet haddock - namely HOW THE HECK DID I FORGET TO PAINT THE UNDERSIDE OF THE TAILPLANE - that thing is enormous !

Edited by IanHx
  • Like 1