The 'Junkster' Pod Racer

17. Did some painting of the bottom engine half of the pod. I think it's starting to look like a machine rather than lots of plastic. Well, that's just me, trying to be positive. :)

bottom_exhaust_plate6c_zpshqpihzqv.jpg

18. Took the fan from a left over truck build. Since I build trucks, I have a few of these lying around. Painted it black and dried brush it with silver. I am pleased the way it came out.

bottom_exhaust_plate6_zpsedz0c99h.jpg

bottom_exhaust_plate6a_zpszeeskijg.jpg

bottom_exhaust_plate6b_zpsjjq2ra3f.jpg

• Like 2

19. I think I like the results of the bottom. Although, it will be visible, but one would have to bend their head just a little to look underneath. The details would be suffcient. Or maybe I should just add

a mirror just under the pod. We'll see.

bottom_exhaust_plate6d_zpsndgccnwr.jpg

• Like 4

20. Finally threw some paint on the fuselage to give me more inspiration to carry on. As I was a little skeptical about this was going. So far, so good. I think. I first used a chacoal black color from

Citadel, then an automobile dark reddish color as the base.

paint_racer2_zpsahmisym3.jpg

paint_racer4_zpshr23nfnu.jpg

Edited by tiking
  • Like 5

I have already started working on the pod itself. It has already been painted(my apologies. Stress for time). I used a Tamiya F60 Ferrari as the base for my pod. The design was just what I wanted. After all, why go through the effort of scratch building when available models will do half the job for you. For me, what whatever works, use it. That's how the Millinium Falcom was built. The color used is a Automotive base coat reddish color. My choice of color is going to be this color, white and black.

Using a F1 monocoque, a very interesting choice.

Cant wait to see what you come up with. :popcorn:

Wayne.

21. I added an extra detail to the Electro attachments on the engines to add more interest to the fuselage. There will be a tiny cable, along with the bigger one, that connects this attachment point with the other smaller one on the pod. For me, the more detail, the better.

pod_racer_extreme25_zpsaabebvea.jpg

pod_racer_extreme25a_zpseqe0ym6q.jpg
  • Like 1

22. So I started working on the fuselage intakes. Nothing too complicated or advanced, but I thought a slick design would work well for this old beast, even though it is an out-dated design and/or engine. I saved about anything that looks it might work for me in any future builds. I am an astmatic, so I have lots of these cannister lying around. I knew one day they will come in handy. I Still contemplating the design aspect of this section of the build. Will have to do more testing on the over all look later. But so far, this is wht I have.

pod_racer_extreme10a_zpstwsewiij.jpg

pod_racer_extreme11_zpswlmczqhv.jpg

pod_racer_extreme12_zpsmq0inbbi.jpg
  • Like 1

23. Painting the external intakes on the fuselage.

pod_racer_extreme27_zpsjdwzhqcq.jpg

pod_racer_extreme27a_zpszpjw4x9g.jpg

-------------------------------

24. Added the Electro Attachments to the pod.It's starting to take shape.

pod_racer_extreme28a_zpsupwfjvjp.jpg

pod_racer_extreme28b_zpskji4gr8n.jpg

pod_racer_extreme28_zpsdckaix5u.jpg

Edited by tiking
  • Like 5

26. The overall look, so far on this pod. I think it is starting to look descent enough. Still contemplating the components surrounding the seating compartment. We'll see if I will use both or one or just leave it off entirely.

pod_racer_extreme29_zps2qqbllbh.jpg

Edited by tiking
  • Like 2