1/48 Tamiya P-51B Mustang

Kit has been painted with alclad II metal finishes and floquil old silver. Wash used is a water based Winsor & Newton cotman water colors. I also used the wash as gas spillage around the gas tanks. Small areas of chipping paint was achieved using a silver pencil, I would have prefered to use the hairspray method. Exhaust was created using thinned out flat black and dry brushed over very lightly with a light grey . Hope you like the way it turned out. Thank you for looking.

Steve

DSC05167_zpsyxawk35z.jpg

DSC05169_zps5apzricq.jpg

DSC05170_zpswzb6kzjw.jpg

DSC05169_zps5apzricq.jpg

DSC05170_zpswzb6kzjw.jpg

DSC05171_zpsyuwkc0jq.jpg

DSC05172_zpsmugksvjd.jpg

DSC05173_zpshdm20qfp.jpg

• Like 13

Thank you everyone for the kind compliments. It's been a very long time since I've built one of these please forgive my inaccuracies . My friend Mark is an authority on Mustangs and has given me many tips on how it should look and things I can do to improve the next build. I did not know that the wings were filled with putty at the factory before delivery so that would be one thing I will have to address on the next build. I also learned that the prop collars were rubber, I had inadvertantly added paint chipping to them which I had to carefully cover up. Also the gas stains were a reddish color and not black as seen in the pics. Even though it looks to be a simple build there are certain identifiers that makes this plane true to itself or the theater it served in.

Im currently researching my next build which is the 1/48 Hasegawa P-51D, hopefully it will be more accurate and as true to what it looked like in its particular theater.

Best regards, Steve