Another pair of Russian airliners, both by Zvezda

Both kits were relatively easy builds but as always, the cabin and flight deck glazing is an issue. For the Tu134 I tried masking the windows but it didn't really work. For the Tu154 I just sprayed the white all over and used the window decals. The landing gear on both kits is very fine and a little fiddly in this scale with the added bonus of lots of wheels to paint.

The Tu134 is finished in the kit decals which were surprisingly good. The Tu154 is finished the Slovakian government markings with decals from BOA decals.

The Tu-134A

DSC_6221_edit_zpsgg9k6glr.jpg
DSC_6222_edit_zpsxrlplssq.jpg
DSC_6223_edit_zpsstgapr7a.jpg
DSC_6224_edit_zpsfoxecwbp.jpg

The Tu-154M

DSC_6217_edit_zps7bxl0c5h.jpg
DSC_6218_edit_zpsildxsygp.jpg
DSC_6219_edit_zpsm3rmr9xe.jpg
DSC_6220_edit_zpsvcdmaxmu.jpg

The two together.

DSC_6227_edit_zpsvzpqxp4c.jpg

• Like 18

Beautiful! They look amazing. Lovely choice of airlines for both. These old Russian jets have always fascinated me. You really did them justice. Great work!

All the best,

Drew

Edited by DrewP

Nicely done. A brave man indeed, attempting to mask a 134s cockpit! Really enjoy Zvezda airliners, but you are correct about the fiddly landing gear.

Cheers,

Mike

Very nice indeed. The TU-134 looks particularly Thunderbirds like. I remember these coming over my house in to Heathrow a few years ago. Always recognisable by the undercarriage 'carrots', and the fact that they were very noisey which is presumably why we don't see them now.