Over the Top,Masterbox trench scene.

stevej60

Agree totally Stix,hats off to those that can but in this scale the basics will suffice,I,ve used Tamiya flesh which is too yellow so I need to sort that

and as I need to pop in LMS I,ll see what he stock,s I,ll look out for the Citadel paint.

There's a Citadel one called Cadian Fleshtone. I've not used it yet but may use as a base coat for mine. The way those figures are posed without the base looks like bad 'Dad dancing.' They'll look the part when it all comes together.

• Like 1

Steve, figures are really looking great! :clap: One thing you can try with eyes is using the pointy end of a toothpick dipped in black paint; very effective in 1/72 but good also for this scale, and not hard to control

Ciao

• Like 1

There's a Citadel one called Cadian Fleshtone. I've not used it yet but may use as a base coat for mine. The way those figures are posed without the base looks like bad 'Dad dancing.' They'll look the part when it all comes together.

Yea Darby I told them to get down but they got up and boogied!

• Like 1

Have you any idea as to the two styles of rifle in the kit? I know one looks like a standard issue but there's a longer one as well.

Could the longer one be a Canadian Ross Rifle? Not very successful by all accounts as the straight pull bolt action was very prone to jamming due to getting dirt in the slide. Or it may be a 1914 Pattern Enfield.

Superb job on the trench base Steve and the figures look great too :popcorn:

Regards,

Steve

Edited by fatfingers
  • Like 1

Have you any idea as to the two styles of rifle in the kit? I know one looks like a standard issue but there's a longer one as well.

Steve may be right Darby the Lee-Enfield MK1 was standard issue but after 1915 the Mk3 was issued but from what I can find out it was a cheaper

to make version and looked the same.

Morning all,just put five in the gallery,here,s a few more only disappointment are the faces but hopefully I can hone that skill for the Next one!

DSCN1604_zps8jdym7aq.jpg

DSCN1606_zpsvullvmi7.jpg

DSCN1608_zpsy6oyowlm.jpg

DSCN1611_zpsyr80ycdu.jpg

DSCN1612_zpsv49pjwq5.jpg

Many thanks for the support and input it's been a blast! Just popped it on the window sill while I uploaded the photos looked up

and saw it against the daylight so here's one more.

DSCN1614_zps6rnfjqnh.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 13

Seriously Steve - that is absolutely brilliant!! The figures do look excellent. I know you say you are disappointed with the faces but they are always difficult to paint. As you say you can have another go on your next set! :thumbsup: They look fine in the photos you have taken.

.....and that last photo is just so evocative!! :worthy: You should include it as one of your gallery photos.

Very well done!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

This is top drawer stuff old bean. Looking at how the figures are posed I've just realised that with all the churned up clarts on my base mine may not just pose quite right. We'll see. Nice to see the weather is good in God's country. Very atmospheric image. Nice one.

Lovely job Steve, they came out really well - must have been difficult trying to get decent pictures with the sides of the trench blocking the view but you got some brilliant pics there.

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 1

Hi folk,s just when I thought this one had ran it's course I was up early and could'nt resist one last photo before she goes up in the loft.

DSCN1627_zpse9lwgrem.jpg

• Like 9