Tamiya 1:48 P-51D

Here's my one and probably only model of 2016. :pilot:

Tamiya's wonderful Mustang with Kits World's decal sheet of Lt. Abner's P-51D "Daisy Mae". The original never carried invasion stripes but as I'd never painted any before I couldn't resist adding them! Enjoyed every minute of this one.

Painted with Humbrol Metalcote and Halford's finest car paint rattlecans!

TGF_9732.JPGTGF_9734.JPG

TGF_9736.JPG

TGF_9738.JPG

TGF_9742.JPG

TGF_9744.JPG

TGF_9745.jpg

TGF_9756.JPGTGF_9758.JPG

• Like 38

Hello,Finchley Bantam - My compliments to you on a beautiful looking build of the 'Mustang'.I love the choice of colourful scheme,the restrained weathering and the quality and detail of the paint and finishing work.A resplendent tribute to the type. ;) All the best,Paul.

Lovely Mustang like the NMF and the choice of markings.

Guy

Great build, and well done for making the open canopy sit properly on the fuselage. :goodjob:

Thanks to you all for your encouraging comments and likes. The kit went together beautifully, letting me concentrate on the tricker task of painting it. One thing worth mentioning is the NMF. I was initially a bit disappointed with the Humbrol Metalcote which didn't buff up as shiny as I'd hoped. But once under a coat of varnish it looked better - like a slightly tarnished aluminium giving it a used look which helped with weathering. I doubt the USAAF spent much time polishing their aircraft during WW2! Cheers guys.