1:72 CMR de Havilland Sea Venom FAW.53

Absolutely gorgeous Bill. I'm always amazed at the level of detail you achieve at this scale and the WiP was a Master Class. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2016 at 01:55, WildeSau75 said:

Great build - like it a lot.

Which colors did you use for the extra dark seagrey & and the sky?

Cheers,

Michael

Thanks Michael! I used Gunze H333 Extra Dark Sea Grey (post shaded with H331 Dark Sea Grey) and Gunze H74 Sky (post shaded with H95 Smoke Grey).

On 6/19/2016 at 02:46, CedB said:

Absolutely gorgeous Bill. I'm always amazed at the level of detail you achieve at this scale and the WiP was a Master Class. Thanks for sharing.

On 6/19/2016 at 06:52, stevej60 said:

A true masterpiece Bill,to squeeze that much detail into a 1/72 scale kit is mind blowing!

A lot of the credit for the detail goes to CMR and their exquisite castings. I would love to see how they make their master patterns!

On 6/19/2016 at 06:56, keefr22 said:

Absolutely & completely superb Bill, stunning little model! Really enjoyed the build thread too, great work!

Keith

Thanks Keith! When I first got the kit I was surprised at how small an aircraft it actually is - the photo with the Sea Venom alongside the Sea Vixen is a great comparison!

On 6/19/2016 at 12:53, Fritag said:

Almost divine Bill.

Thanks - I will try to do better next time! The work you're doing on the two Hawks is great motivation for me! :):):)

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 3