Revell HP Victor

19 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

I was right! Its does look every bit as good as the new Airfix Victor as modelled by our own General Melchett in the latest issue of Airfix Modelworld.

Martian

Cheers Martian, I bought that copy today... looks like a nice kit and should be a lot easier and quicker to build than this old beast. I particularly like the way they've engineered the intakes and fins. 

Thanks everyone, gazza l

• Like 11

Stunning - there is no other word to describe this build. I just received the new Airfix kit and I can only hope that my build will approach this level. Duly bookmarked for the future!   :)

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

Given what you have managed to achieve with this kit, I am sure we would all be interested to see what you can do with the new Airfix offering.

Martian

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

Given what you have managed to achieve with this kit, I am sure we would all be interested to see what you can do with the new Airfix offering.

Martian

+1

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Martian Hale said:

Martian

Thanks chaps,

I don't know if I can face another Victor, even if it is a lot easier to put together! Having said that I did mention the new Airfix Victor to Santa.:winkgrin:

gazza l

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gazza l said:

Thanks chaps,

I don't know if I can face another Victor, even if it is a lot easier to put together! Having said that I did mention the new Airfix Victor to Santa.:winkgrin:

gazza l

There you go then, you can show us all where the problems are how to put it together.

Martian

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 71chally said:

Absolutely superb work there!  Hard to believe its based on an almost 35 year old kit.

Thanks very much, yes for a kit of that age it doesn't scrub up too bad once the raised surface detail has been removed and the trenches filled, the general shape looks pretty good to my eye.

8 hours ago, David H said:

Simply amazing! However, i can only imagine the burnout you must be feeling after getting that beauty done.

david

Cheers David,

I'm really looking forward to a nice easy, oob build... maybe an Airfix 1/72 Lightning or an Eduard P38 Lightning, decisions decisions!

2 hours ago, Robert said:

One of the best builds in 2016 considering what you started with, beautiful.

Robert

Thanks Robert,

I have to say it has been 6 months of challenging but enjoyable work to get here... the Airfix Vulcan I built last year was a much easier project.

Regards everyone, gazza l

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I managed to find a few hours after all the Christmas festivities to complete this build, so this will be my final installment.

First up, I made the windscreen wiper fairings out of a couple of spare Eduard Spitfire wing tips... they just needed shortening and a little re-shaping. 

023_zpsg17x8fco.jpg

Nearly forgot the two lights mounted on the rear of the tail, these were made out of brass rod using my Dremel as a lathe and  various needle files to create the shape.

022_zpssd8ix301.jpg

Now glued on and painted.

047_zps7c45b2kj.jpg

And hear she is finally complete after six months work. Just one photo for now, I'll post some more in RFI when I get time.

026_zpssqekqhjh.jpg

Just when I thought I had finished with Victor's, Father Christmas gave me one of these... via a very generous Son.

021_zpshgxt08vo.jpg

Many thanks to everyone for all of your comments, encouragement and help during this build.

Rgds, gazza l

• Like 9

1 hour ago, manuel said:

wow!! Beautiful lady.

Do you think you the airfix one needs same level of work.

Thanks for posting and have an happy new year.

Manuel

Hi Manuel,

Thank you very much.

I received the Airfix Victor as a Christmas present and looking in the box it should be a very straightforward build compared with this kit. 

gazza l

Happy New Year Gazza,

Superb finishing touches to a fantastic build. I have been away over the Christmas period and am only now catching up. I too received the new Airfix Victor for Christmas, I have managed so far to only have a brief view of the contents, but I am itching to make a start on this model as soon as possible (this week with luck).

I am sure you have many plans/idea's on how your's will turn out, and after these results, I am sure it will be every bit as good if not better as what has been for me the finest rendition of the Revell kit.

Bob.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Victor K2 said:

Happy New Year Gazza,

Superb finishing touches to a fantastic build. I have been away over the Christmas period and am only now catching up. I too received the new Airfix Victor for Christmas, I have managed so far to only have a brief view of the contents, but I am itching to make a start on this model as soon as possible (this week with luck).

I am sure you have many plans/idea's on how your's will turn out, and after these results, I am sure it will be every bit as good if not better as what has been for me the finest rendition of the Revell kit.

Bob.

Cheers Bob and a happy new year to you.

Thanks for your technical knowledge during this build, I look forward to seeing your Victor in the future.

If you're interested there are more photos in the RFI, here:http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235014313-revell-handley-page-victor-172/

Rgds, gazza l