Key ceasing publication of 'Jets'

FalkeEins

anyone else notice that Key are shutting down 'Jets' magazine. It wasn't so long ago that one of my other faves went for a burton "Classic Aircraft" - although at least Ben Dunnell got to take over the reins at Aeroplane Monthly. But that's a number of titles under the Key tutelage that have been 'amalgamated'. Not sure if this is to do with the market failing to sustain several print magazines that are all practically identical ...

Have enjoyed Jets magazine so sorry to see it go although Im not really surprised. I assume sales werent great so it became bi-monthly a few years ago but still seem to be a few copies left unsold in whs after two months. Bit of a niche subject area in what is still a fairly crowded market but I always found a few articles of interest in each issue. Cheers, Paul

• Like 1

Always a shame to see an aircraft or indeed a modelling magazine coming to the end of its life but having leafed through a number of copies of "Jets" over the years I could never find enough in there to justify getting my wallet out.

I was however particularly sad to see "Classic Aircraft" close having been big fan of its predecessor "Aircraft Illustrated" (I have every copy back to number one. My kids will be thrilled to inherit them I don't think).

More generally and for what it's worth I haven't bought "Flight" for probably 30 years and can't remember the last time I bought "Air Forces Monthly". If I do buy an aircraft magazine it's "Combat Aircraft or "Air International".

It's all down to a combination of lack of space and spending the money on other things instead which is also why I don't buy "Flypast" or "The Aeroplane" both of which I quite like.

• Like 1

One wonders how long they'll keep both Aeroplane and Flypast on the stocks....

A good question indeed. Presumably they have their niches and a loyal readership base and long may they continue even though I don't buy them (my brother buys Flypast) simply because I have to draw a line somewhere.