Revell 1/8 ford 32 street rod

Hi all well thanks to the generosity of michu (from another forum I am on) I have this kit to build. I will be doing it oob to try and regain some confidence. It is a massive kit (which again I thank him so very much for) my intention (assuming I don't ruin another kit) is when finished to take it apart and add more detail (given the size of this kit that should be more than possible) provided of course I don't ruin it.

So wish me luck mates.

xnsuuo.jpg

wainmp.jpg

d72ic.jpg

• Like 2

Good luck with this one kp! I built an earlier release in my teens ( a long, long time ago) and suffice to say that I didn't do it justice due to my inexperience back then. Don't remember much about it except that it's huge (and heavy) and that it requires massive amounts of paint.

Ooh, I'll be watching this. There's a second hand seller that's been attending the last few classic car shows around my way that has one of these on his stall. He wants £50 for it so I passed up the temptation. This build will probably make me wish I got it now!

Ooh, I'll be watching this. There's a second hand seller that's been attending the last few classic car shows around my way that has one of these on his stall. He wants £50 for it so I passed up the temptation. This build will probably make me wish I got it now!

Modelzone were knocking these out for £19 at one point! Couldn't resist picking up a couple of them for the attic! :)

Good luck with the build Mr. Nuts!

Oh well I wish I'd done a bit of research before I painted the engine it's a 61 series pontiac v8 and revells call out for engine colour is yellow(which as we all know is one of the weakest pigments) so after struggling to get a solid colour, I've discovered it should be light blue, now I have to strip it and re do it light blue (not too upset as I didn't like the yellow anyway.

Oh well I wish I'd done a bit of research before I painted the engine it's a 61 series pontiac v8 and revells call out for engine colour is yellow(which as we all know is one of the weakest pigments) so after struggling to get a solid colour, I've discovered it should be light blue, now I have to strip it and re do it light blue (not too upset as I didn't like the yellow anyway.

It's a hot rod...the block can be any colour the builder/owner wishes!

Looking really good.

Maybe it's the 'scratcher' in me, but I would have been moulding and casting all those engine bits for possible future models needing a similar engine.

It does look like a big beastie.

Any ideas on a paint job yet?

Give a thought to going really whacky - by making waterslide decals that cover the various body panels.

That way, you could create an incredible 'photo' paintjob, but if it goes 'boobs' up, you can peel it off and try again.

If you want any help in that area, give me a yell.

Roy.

Hi all here's the next update.

309566e.jpg

2lsxh6f.jpg

2a5gk1h.jpg

I've put a large 1/24 car along side it for comparison

2a95d3r.jpg

164dw7.jpg

Edited by kpnuts
  • Like 3

Hi all tonight's bit, according to the instructions the engine is finished and there are no missing gaps in the spures, and the list of parts dosent list it but I'm sure there should be a fan blade ? I no nothing about these big American engines but every other car engine I've seen has one, also I've chosen the chrome exhausts, I wonder do they go blue like bike exhausts.

21mypo2.jpg

ojksid.jpg

2rrwga9.jpg

t69s09.jpg

• Like 2

Hi all I've roymattblack gave me some good advice on waterslide decals but ive decided, as I used to customise bikes in my youth I would do a custom paint job on this I've started the background sky, I'm intending to do dragons and stuff on it, I've done it matt so I can draw and paint on it then in the end I will gloss it.

ibdsn7.jpg

opcn0g.jpg

oiyfba.jpg

Hi all made a start on the paint.

2e37sxg.jpg

2ui96dh.jpg

Wow! That's pencil work?!

What kind of pencils are you using?

I have done some nose art stuff, but it never came out quite that nice.

Looking forward to seeing the finished work.

Hi all another update, my customising days are obviously behind me, I used to be good at this, still the advantage is I can always respray with another job, and I'm already thinking of something

Involving black and gold.

6hs2si.jpg

2vn1ezt.jpg

6z63h3.jpg

2mrrxgk.jpg

• Like 1

Are you an ABBA fan Roy, I saw a mk1 Cortina with that album cover on it (with some massive body mods too, very ETYPE mods)

Hi all here is the next update, I really am enjoying this (I know the paint job ain't the greatest but I've not ruined the kit, the way I've painted it, it's easily over sprayed and none of it will show) this is a great kit, I was going to build this oob but I'm sorely tempted to add lots of detail, I'm just worried if I do i may end up ruining another one, I seem to be in a catch 22 at the moment, I want to do more but I'm worried if I do i will ruin it.

2edwi89.jpg

28ro383.jpg

bdp9vc.jpg

2ykdo3p.jpg

1432poi.jpg

Edited by kpnuts
  • Like 2