1:32 Swordfish Floatplane K8395 813 Sqn HMS Eagle

That's your perfectionist side showing.  I'd be glad just to have them on straight.

She looks gorgeous to me.  Tone down a little perhaps if you feel it's too bright on seeing the model direct.  Lovely build again Ian.

• Like 1

what a beautiful model Ian.  I agree , once toned down, the stripes will look fine.  They add a bit of colour.  Thanks to you I now know how to attach the flat rigging wires to my Trumpeter swordfish which has been sitting on the shelf almost completed.

Bruce

• Like 1

Love the size comparison shots.

besides the modelling work of course!

(you can fix the DOF easy enough......assuming you shoot dslr, shorter focal length and smaller aperture and/or greater distance to subject)

For macro work, usually i pull the camera back a bit and crop in post.

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments and advice. I should have some time over the weekend to work on it. In the meantime, here's some eye candy from a photo album I own compiled by an (unknown) Eagle Swordfish pilot in 1938/9.

Swordfish%20floatplane%20K8990_zpsh5g6gb

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Finally finished this, though I may add some figures later. I'll post pictures in RFI when I can get some in better light.

DSC_0427_zps0ppy1mr6.jpgb17889a9-31b0-47d4-93b4-b36849535bab_zpsa222dd6a-1318-4e2b-89eb-6926e0dc6718_zpsDSC_0402_zpsmzpxjyuc.jpg

The red warnings stripes came out fine in the end. One or two of the bracing wires could do with being slightly more taught, but I've lost the will to try and adjust them.

Hope you like it. 

IG

• Like 6