1/72 Trumpeter Char.B1

Hello,

here's another hapless attempt of mine on "heavy metal".

This is also the very first Trumpeter kit I ever laid my hands on.

I had the 1/76 Matchbox Char B.1 when I was a kid, and when I saw Trumpeter's offering I just couldn't resist, even though it's way out of my comfort zone in many ways:

I do not have any good reference material on the Char B.1, just a couple of color drawings;

I don't know much about French Tanks of early WWII in general, so please forgive me if the colors are off or I missed a detail!

I did like the triple-color-camo-schme though as it looks "different".

Had problems with the tracks (again) on this one.

They are of the "rubber-band" design and they snug around the drive wheel.

Doesn't look very realistic, I know.

With no replacements available, I used them.

a_DSC9505_zpswbhhakge.jpga_DSC9506_zpsiawdflpx.jpga_DSC9507_zpskzep7r95.jpga_DSC9509_zpsbmproxfk.jpga_DSC9510_zpsibeajsaj.jpga_DSC9511_zpsot4gmiya.jpga_DSC9512_zpsjldv2cmc.jpga_DSC9513_zpsrk7grjuq.jpga_DSC9514_zpsjwj6si1q.jpga_DSC9516_zpseimxlxmy.jpga_DSC9518_zpsze0tzlfg.jpga_DSC9519_zpsvfgimsqa.jpga_DSC9521_zpsimorew0k.jpga_DSC9522_zpstvus6dwp.jpga_DSC9523_zpsa3cp8fs9.jpga_DSC9526_zpskvsskmpc.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Greetings from Vienna

Roman

• Like 16

Fantastic finish as always! :thumbsup:

Do you want me to point out how Trumpeter got you this time.....I'm starting to feel bad about it because your models are brilliant, but it really might be worth checking sites like OTW! (On The Way! http://www.onthewaymodels.com/) before starting in on a kit, they will often point out these hidden pitfalls that are usually much easier to fix at the start. :coolio:

http://www.onthewaymodels.com/reviews/Trumpeter/Trumpeter_Char_B1bis.htm

Please don't take this the wrong way.....I hate seeing your quality models caught out this way and I'm genuinely embarassed to point it out because I couldn't hope to achieve the superb quality of finish that you do. :blush:

Once again I've got the required spare part if you want one. :coolio: