1/48 - Douglas A-4 Skyhawk family by Kinetic ? - rumour

Homebee

Next Kinetic's 1/48th kit project will be, after the F-18 Hornet, another (USN?) classic naval fighter.

All bets are off

- Douglas A-4 Skyhawk?

- LTV A-7 Corsair?

- Vought F-8 Crusader?

- Lockheed S-3 Viking?

etc.

or a Grumman F-14 Tomcat... :winkgrin:

I would prefer a Grumman F11F Tiger, a North American FJ-3 Fury, or a McDonnell F2H-3/4 Banshee. Not a fighter but also in my 1/48th wishlist is the North American AJ-1/-2 Savage...

Source: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=287539&view=findpost&p=2808958

On 15/06/2016 at 11:13, Raymond Chung said:

(...) We are now collecting feedback from all of you to decide which new weapon should be included or retool in the new mold which also include some option for subsequence release. Again another classic naval fighter.

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

Hmmmm...if it's a classic naval fighter...? :bye:

Of those that you mention, only the F-8 is a Fighter - so for those that would be my guess.

The term 'Classic' would suggest a fighter that is no longer in active duty, so it could be the F-14, F-4, F-8, F-11 (allthough I personally don't think it), F7U (!! :thumbsup: )

I don't think the Demon or Fury as they've been done recently, as have the F-14, F-4, F-8 - So my best bet is the F7U Cutlass ( :thumbsup: ) or the F-11 Tiger (now THAT would be a surprise!)

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

So I WAS right! - Cutlass!! :yahoo:

I'm really excited !! (allthough the Scimitar IS so much prettier!) :yahoo:

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

PS - Just saw that it's Kittyhawk that brings out the Cutlass - so we're still in the dark as to which plane Kinetic is bringing out? :hmmm:

Edited by HansReggelsen

Do we know it is going to be a jet?

F4u-4 and F4u-5 :clap:

Look at this little yellow guy. clap clap clap, want-cor-sair, clap clap clap, want-cor-sair

Edited by hoppie

Do we know it is going to be a jet?

F4u-4 and F4u-5 :clap:

Look at this little yellow guy. clap clap clap, want-cor-sair, clap clap clap, want-cor-sair

Maybe I'm misunderstand Raymond's post, but to me he's talking about new weapons for the F/A-18 which will be used in a future classic navel fighter and I don't think the Corsair used anything the Hornet uses?!

Edited by Tbolt
  • Like 1

Remember, in early 2014 Kinetic shown in its Facebook page a OA-4M CAD (http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234958047-148-kinetic-oa-4m;-possibly-more-than-just-a-rumor). Furthermore a family of 1/48th Douglas A-4 Skyhawk could perfectly fit with their Falklands as USN thematic series.

Time will tell.

OA-4_M_zpsqa7zzaya.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

If it's Naval and going to employ some new Hornet stores sprues I would respectfully submit that the likely options are:

F/A-18E etc. Super Hornet series

AV-8B series

A-7E Corsair II and earlier SLUFs (how I wish!)

F-35B/C whatever

To those who don't consider the A-7E a fighter; well, the F-35 ain't either but, sadly, that's also a ticks-the-list contender.

The Scooter was neither a fighter nor did it employ more than a token of Hornet era ordnance, though I'm sure the little attack jet would sell boxloads as it looks good in Top Gun adversary schemes and - let's face it - anything with Israeli markings is worshipped.

Tony

With RR engines?

The A-7E was powered by the R-R Spey, licence-manufactured by Alison as the TF-41, and so was the Buccaneer. Good call.

I can't see what sprues the F-4 and F/A-18 would share so it doesn't fit. Hong Kong Models are making a king size FG.1/FGR.2 which will do it for me.

Tony

• Like 1

Furthermore a family of 1/48th Douglas A-4 Skyhawk would perfectly fit with their Falklands as USN thematic series.

Time will tell.

Would be interesting to see the various Argentine versions. Versions with many particularities (antennas, slats, lights, flaps...)

Hasegawa provides that already (and classic airfraim),don't they?

Yes, and my personal opinion is that A-4 Skyhawk from Hasegawa in 1/48 is one of their best efforts, followed closely by F-8. Both kits can be assembled in single day, no filler, and regardless of technology advances there is no way Kinetic can topple that quality.

Besides, on HLJ you can get Skyhawk for around 20 eur!!?? Crusader was rare for the last few years but couple months ago Hasegawa released some boxes of E version for 18 eur w/o shipping on HLJ!! And they will probably print more once they insure there is high demand...

S-3 makes more sence to me.

P

there is no way Kinetic can topple that quality.......

but they can break it down into another 100 parts, increase the box size 2 fold and add a wonderful decal sheet - oh hang on, thats what Kinetic do to all their kits :weep:

On a serious note, a "family" will at least possibly include the TA-4SU which isnt currently availabe straight from the box in 1/48

but they can break it down into another 100 parts, increase the box size 2 fold and add a wonderful decal sheet - oh hang on, thats what Kinetic do to all their kits :weep:

The current trend in the industry seems to be simplification (GWH T-33, Tamiya F-14, future Eduard 1/48 FW-190, etc). KM's F-18 seems to follow this trend nowadays.