Sgt. Squarehead's T-35 m.1936 - Finished!

Nope, man with very little horizontal space that doesn't already have a half-built kit (or kit building related supplies) on it.....And two Lurchers who are nagging noticeably every time the rain stops! :winkgrin:

• Like 2

Wow - that was a surprise! Looking forward to seeing what you do with this.

The Soviet multi-turreted beasts do have a certain appeal.

Duly following this one!

Edited by badger
  • Like 1

Did I mention that it was BIG? :hmmm:

Here's one of the track units compared to the QB track from the (itself not insubstantial) SU-152:

T-35%201936%20-%2002_zpsnqewj0ek.jpg

The T-35 track runs look to be a work of genius considering their complexity.....Assembling these and my countless Zverobits will keep me well occupied for a while. :frantic:

• Like 3

That looks very tasty!!! I certainly wouldn't call those tracks units "quick-build" in terms of detail.

This could be very tempting :Tasty:

Looking forward to seeing the progress on this monster.

• Like 1

Sadly not.....The weight of all those turret mechanisms meant the armour was limited to 15mm in many locations and 30mm maximum, so a Pz.II could quite easily rip one of these things to pieces with its high velocity 20mm cannon. :analintruder:

• Like 3

Sadly not.....The weight of all those turret mechanisms meant the armour was limited to 15mm in many locations and 30mm maximum, so a Pz.II could quite easily rip one of these things to pieces with its high velocity 20mm cannon. :analintruder:

Oh well............ Edited by PlaStix

To be fair the T-35 did have the Pz.II outranged with three of it's guns but Soviet fire control was terrible.....One on one I'd probably say the T-35 would edge it, but if there were two Pz.IIs the T-35's had it! :analintruder:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Any progress on this Sarge?

I've just managed to pick a single one up off eBay for a really reasonable price.

Also added the brass barrel set to an order I have at tracks and troops for a batch of OKB tracks.

Looks pretty good on the sprue to me.

• Like 1

Hi Ben.....Not really touched it yet, was hoping to get the tiny tanks done first TBH. :blush:

It is a great kit, in a totally different league to their early stuff.....I suspect you will be very happy when you see it. :coolio:

• Like 1

Cheers Sarge

It arrived yesterday - can't get overy the size of the box!

Not had chance to fondle it yet as away for a few days

• 1 month later...

So with the epic fail that was my S-Model 12 Pz. Div. build behind me, let's see if I can get a better result with their premiere product:

T-35%201936%20-%2003_zpszffl5ucw.jpg

T-35%201936%20-%2004_zpsgn1yvnwm.jpg

Have to say the running gear looks quite promising, but very strangely designed.....Again. :rolleyes:

Based on recent experiences I'm taking nothing for granted and I certainly won't be gluing anything until it's all been checked.....Twice. :mellow:

PS - You may have noticed that I have armed myself with a selection of new glues.....The plastic S-Model used in the Kleinebefehlspanzer kit just would not bond at all with my preferred Tamiya Limonene Extra-Thin, but I've since discovered that it bonds only too well using regular Tamiya Extra-Thin! :doh:

• Like 1

Not at all pleased to report that (based on further assembly of the running gear) this kit appears to have been designed with the same complete indifference to buildability, detail & fit as it's smaller predecessors. :confused:

T-35%201936%20-%2005_zpslf3eqgyy.jpg

I'm not sure I can be bothered with it.....The designers clearly weren't. :mellow:

• Like 2

Fixed:

T-35%201936%20-%2006_zpsmltuy2el.jpg

Not exactly rocket-science.....More like irritating and utterly unneccessary if only the designers knew what a ruler was. :unsure:

Here's some more of their genius:

T-35%201936%20-%2007_zpscxkmy0rv.jpg

Nice sprue-gates guys.....You really thought those through well! :thumbsup:

Not! :fraidnot:

What's wrong with circular section gates connecting to the track pins.....I think I'm going to go out and beat up a 3D artist, just on general principle! :fight:

• Like 1