"Ice-Sea" Predator Pt.1...1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109G-14, 16./JG5

#16/2016

Noooooooo, not another 109.......well, my dad will always build another one happy.gif

It still takes some time until the real Eduard G-14 comes, but their new G-6 kit includes all neccessary parts. Only filled the compressor access point for the here not existing 3cm engine gun (U4 version)on the rear right fuselage side and added the GM-1 filler cap on the spine after the canopy and the flare-pistol outlet on the right side of the windscreen.
If only Eduard had created this kit the first time....a wonderful kit, to recommend!
Eduard Super-Fabric seat belts added, EZ Line for the antenna wires......speaking of....thanks to the fellow modellers who explained the canopy-locking-antenna-wire-tensioning-system happy.gif my dad knows a lot about 109s but as it seems there is always something new to learn happy.gif
Painted as ususal with Gunze and Tamiya paints. Decals from the kit and Kagero (mini Topcolors 28, Luftwaffe over the Far North).

The Model shows the a/c of Unteroffizier Karl-Heinz Erler, 16./JG5, Rygge/Norway in April 1945.

Cheers, Franz and Reinhard

DSC_0001_zps5ipkzhke.jpg

DSC_0002_zps6jvngx1g.jpg

DSC_0003_zps2brmc0ty.jpg

DSC_0004_zpsaazefz0h.jpg

DSC_0005_zpstswkrigh.jpg

DSC_0006_zpswktjn48o.jpg

DSC_0007_zpsxlyn0kiq.jpg

DSC_0008_zpszfdb4onc.jpg

DSC_0009_zpse6wvnax8.jpg

DSC_0010_zps0kdcytuw.jpg

DSC_0011_zpsvvxnneez.jpg

DSC_0012_zpsvzxhuj1z.jpg

DSC_0013_zpshiqnwdo6.jpg

DSC_0014_zpsxd4ilati.jpg

DSC_0015_zpsj3t0hrfw.jpg

DSC_0016_zpskymzquqd.jpg

DSC_0017_zps23mdv4cc.jpg

DSC_0018_zpsuokhwekb.jpg

DSC_0019_zpsrk3bv1fn.jpg

• Like 25

Another nice 109 from Team Reini78.

So have the Hasegawa 109s been relegated to the 'for sale' department now? I have 3 of the Eduard 109 Overtrees now and intend building a G5, 6 and a 14 from them, I just have to find some interesting aftermarket decals for them.

Duncan B

• Like 1

So have the Hasegawa 109s been relegated to the 'for sale' department now?

no, they are still good kits :winkgrin: next 109 will be a Hasegawa G-6, Graf´s Red Tulip with W.Gr.21

but my dad will definitely build another Eduard 109, he´s waiting for their G-2/4, G-10 and Fs

• Like 1

Your Dad is right!!

You NEVER can have too many 109's !

(or Fw 190, Spitfires,Hurricanes, P-47, P-51 and so on.)

Your Bf-109 is a true jewel.

Congratulations.

:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

• Like 1

Very nice build and a GREAT result. Having previously lived and worked in Norway for 6 years, I have developed a huge interest in JG.5 and fully intend to do a couple of their ME Bf-109s and Fw.190s in due course…especially those that operated on the West Coast from Stavanger-Sola, Herdla etc.

You have done a really good job with your rendition……WELL DONE !

• Like 1

Very nice build and a GREAT result. Having previously lived and worked in Norway for 6 years, I have developed a huge interest in JG.5 and fully intend to do a couple of their ME Bf-109s and Fw.190s in due course…especially those that operated on the West Coast from Stavanger-Sola, Herdla etc.

You have done a really good job with your rendition……WELL DONE !

thanks!

a Herdla 190 will follow in about a week