1/24 Tartan paint ;-P or a decal?

Tartan in an Esprit? I seem to remember even the series 1 being all overblown ruched leather inside?

However, I was thinking along the same lines a while back about how best to tackle the tartan interior of an Airfix TR7, and I reckon downloading a tartan pattern from the internet, printing it on clear decal film and then laying it down onto a suitably coloured painted background might work...what do you reckon?

All the best,

Dean

Edit - just done an image search. Ster-ewth!

Yuk...

Edited by Deanflyer

M,

look for some finger nail decals on ebay. I got some red tartan ones for my Connaught build. They are just about big enough for 1/24 scale seats / door panels.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nail-Wraps-Nail-Decals-Nail-Transfers-Nail-Art-20-Current-Cool-Tartan-/320968104620?hash=item4abb309aac:g:QjMAAMXQiFxSBlBo

Atb, Steve.

P.S. Did you manage to contact Paulo about the Alfa Romeo wheels?

S1s were tartan - and full leather in later ones was an option (mine's got the full leather).

If you can find a clear, oblique, image of the correct tartan I'm willing to have a play with some decals on my ALPS printer (if it still works)?

Iain

Thanks, folks! That's a great offer, Iain, and I'll take you up on it if these:

http://www.yrnails.com/red-tartan.html

don't look like they'll do the trick when I get them. They look to me as if they'll be OK both for the green option or the more Bond-y black.

Now I just need to decide whether to do the yellow car with green and red tartan interior, or the white Bond car...

And thanks to Steve for pointing me in the direction of nail art decals... I'd never have thought of that myself!

bestest,

M.

• Like 1

Roymattblack wanted a check fabric for his Jaguar. He printed off a picture and printed his own on decal film I believe.

It was for my DBR1.

I found a good close-up pic of the seat and drew the pattern in Photoshop.

I actually printed it on self-adhesive cotton sheet.

It worked a treat.

Roy.

P1011263_zpsqeahmk8x.jpg

Edited by roymattblack
  • Like 1

Scale Motorsport makes a tartan pattern decal sheet. You paint the base colour on, in this case red and the black stripes are the decal. I picked up a sheet for my Lotus Esprit build. Only problem is the sheet I used crumbled upon putting it in water.

I've coated it with liquid decal film but haven't tried it since to see if it worked and is now usable.

Carl

• 2 weeks later...